Windows 7 RTM Programs Compatibility List

spacesurfer

Build 7000 64bit

Could not get AVG, from MS page on what to use, to work?

(https:// pages took forever to load then stopped loading)

(MS firewall keeps wanting on)

(MS wants to scan with its own scanner)

KASPERSKY from same page worked?

Surprised no one has tested foobar2000 yet.

Works of course. You still have to enable the "Win XP compatibility mode" for v.9.6.0+ (or just when using "some" plugins), same goes for Vista as well due to outdated "bla bla" in the code. Most apps on a major scale seems to work, except maybe fugly coded apps and people that restrict certain apps to a specific OS version, etc...

SPTD which is used by famous apps such as daemon-tools and alcohol 120% uses this and should work on Win7 but don't as SPTD is OS ver coded and therefore don't work atm. They've stated that they DO NOT SUPPORT BETA OS's, for that matter use PowerISO instead. Although it's using it's own awesome "virtual image bla bla feature" (similar so DT/Alco), it won't work with... for example DVD Decrypter or apps that are built on that code. So using PISO is a fine way to save you from image hell, until a win7 release of SPTD is out.

Drivers namely audio drivers aren't properly working (even if installed correctly) such as Reltek's HD Audio drivers. But Vista/7 have support for most of these built in ones and the official drivers are mostly there to give the user enhanced/fully features that their audio cards (whatever is embedded or not) have.

For video codec problems use ffdshow. It's been working as intended for the past 6 years, and is reaching it's 7th year soon.

For those dealing with AVS/fansubbing, there's nothing to worry about. I see no difference except maybe the speed upgrade compared to Vista when using "traditional" apps.

A tip to the users:

Stating that Open Source apps is working on 7 is like telling someone that you can finally slice bread. Like i said, it's just them fugly folks that likes to b***h around and code apps with OS ver restrictions/checks.

K-Lite Codec Pack - Tried to play an MKV, sound but no video, not sure what the problem with that is, works fine on Vista & XP.

interesting. i tried the combined community codec pack and when i tried to play mkv, the system would blue screen.

The Win7codecs release by me.

The Win7codecs package which I have created does not change or interfere with what Microsoft has going on concerning native codec support in Windows Media Player 12 and Media Center. DXVA accelerated H264 playback is provided by the codec package for all other capable players.

sorry for this shameless plug.

shark

Edited by Shark007

SPTD which is used by famous apps such as daemon-tools and alcohol 120% uses this and should work on Win7 but don't as SPTD is OS ver coded and therefore don't work atm. They've stated that they DO NOT SUPPORT BETA OS's, for that matter use PowerISO instead. Although it's using it's own awesome "virtual image bla bla feature" (similar so DT/Alco), it won't work with... for example DVD Decrypter or apps that are built on that code. So using PISO is a fine way to save you from image hell, until a win7 release of SPTD is out.

Drivers namely audio drivers aren't properly working (even if installed correctly) such as Reltek's HD Audio drivers. But Vista/7 have support for most of these built in ones and the official drivers are mostly there to give the user enhanced/fully features that their audio cards (whatever is embedded or not) have.

SPTD won't work but they said in a later post they'll take a look on Windows 7. So we can hopefully wait for, at least, a beta version.

I had no issues with Realtek HD Audio Drivers, installed Vista's R2.11 64 bit and they run just fine. Default ones didn't work properly for me. ;)

I add:

- Autoit

- SciTE Script Editor

- Virtual Box

- Adobe photoshop CS3 y CS4

- Emulator Dolphin

- Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

- nlite

- K-Lite Code Pack

- Nero 8

- Team Viewer 4

- Internet Download Mnager

- minilyrics

- Ares

- Utorrent

- GOM Player

- Notepad ++

- Quick time alternative

- Real Alternative

- VMware Workstation 6.5

- Adobe Reader 9

- Quick Batch

- Ultraiso 8

- Axialis Icon Workshop

- Mega Manager

- Total Video Converter

Edited by RHAF

Works:

EmEditor

Registry Workshop

Xplorer2

Avidemux

Tag & Rename

Easy CD-DA Extractor

Virtualdubmod

TMPGEnc Xpress

AutoMKV

StaxRip

Media Player Classic

VLC

uTorrent

FTPRush

Jalbum

ScanOut

GuardMax

Revo Uninstaller

Uninstall Tool

BurnAware Free

UltraISO

DVD Shrink

Resource Hacker

Advanced Installer

Security programs:

KAV and KIs are working, but some users are having BSOD's. I haven't tried the new KAV Beta for Windows 7 yet.

Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 and Scecurity Suite 2009 are not working for me. BSOD after reboot.

APPLICATIONS

- CCleaner 2.15

Sorry to differ, but the ability to add the context menu's to the recycle bin isn't working due to a permissions issue on the registry entry for the recycle bin.

So, I would say, this needs a small tweak ;) (manual instructions posted in the CCleaner forums)

These programs I've found functioning correctly

Programs:

**** NFO Reader, version I used DAMN_NFO_Viewer_v2-10-0032-RC3

Screamer-Radio version 0.4.3

Billy 1.04k beta (a mp3player)

winamp 5.55 beta works perfect, even better than 5.41

Games:

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 works smoothly

Call of Duty 5

Skype 3.8 - Works fine on the x86 version despite a warning about it being incompatible. It crashes every few seconds on the x64 version however, making it unusable.

Skype 4.0 beta 3 - Works.

Firefox 3.0.5 - Works, but the theme has a minor display glitch. It thinks Aero on Windows 7 is an unsigned theme for some reason, so it looks a little incorrect. It's fully functional though. UPDATE: Firefox 3.0.7 and up has fixed the theme glitch.

Team Fortress 2 - Works.

Edited by Lippy