slipstream XPpro SP3 - key code has changed?

atv-jim

fckgw-label.gif

This is what an original should look like according to Microsoft:

coa_4_lg.jpg

It looks like yours is fake because of the white background behind the 25 character product key.

Is it like that on your COA? (of did you fake the image? ...)

(the link has some additional info on how to determine whether the COA is real)

When this key first came out it was legit - MS was activating the pc's. Obviously MS approved the vendor (or whatever process is involved). Then it became banned by ms.

So for those who aren't reading the whole thread..it's a known banned key. I had no idea until my pc crashed and I needed to build another and the slipstreamed ver w/SP3 wouldn't take the key.

to "XIII" if I had counterfitted the label for posting it wouldn't have a white background....however this sticker does. Your point is well made - THX

Like I said, at first this was a legit key from a legit company out of NY (that's where I got mine)......then I guess it went global.

I think this thread can be closed...it was fun..I'm buying a new OS instead if fighting with MS.

Edited by atv-jim

agreed, the key has been legit for some time

butpirates got their hands on it, and it was blacklisted.

i just laughed because i never saw a "real" version of it ^^

got so used to the pirated thingy, was suprised to see the real one surface :P

Damian666

When this key first came out it was legit - MS was activating the pc's. Obviously MS approved the vendor (or whatever process is involved). Then it became banned by ms.

To be picky, this key has NEVER been legit, i.e. NOT on a COA sticker, and not for a OEM release. (See my previous post)

It was leaked - according to some sources - even BEFORE Official release of XP.

I guess it's allright to post this image:

43669488_7001732faf.jpg

Is it real or photoshopped? Who knows? Who cares? :w00t:

MS banned it on first occasion, i.e. XP SP1 release.

It is so famous that Wikipedia has an paragraph on it in the VLK entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volume_license_key

jaclaz

• 3 weeks later...

Not only that, but before the FCKGW-xxxx... keys were blacklisted, they were destined for VLK (corporate volume license) keys, not OEM key distribution (royalty or retail). And as someone previous stated, they were blacklisted before XP went SP1, and a quick google search will show that to you. If you get a Windows COA sticker with a VLK blacklisted key, it wasn't legit to begin with (it's a pretty good copy job of the one Microsoft puts on it's website, down to the code sideways on the right, but not entirely close - note the white behind the key, thus not quite good enough).

Sorry, you got duped. Thread closed.

[Closed].