slipstream XPpro SP3 - key code has changed?

atv-jim

I have an old XPpro original cd with original key code (no sp). I built a new pc but this OS version doesn't see the large hard drives. I created a slipstream ISO including SP3. The installation went well until I had to enter the "key code". I used the one I've always used and it won't work. I tried creating a new slipstream using the SP2. I get to the same point and appears the key code has been changed somehow. I can load the original OS version and the key code takes...only the discs aren't being used and it's clearly an improper install.

Anyone ever have this problem using nlite...what can I do to fix this.

BTW the unattend.txt is a generic key code..not a valid one. It's never matched the real code. Also, the merged versions have diferent key codes...of course I tried those but they're not real.

Anyway...lost for now

atv-jim, I too, am lost. To start, how about editing your identical post in the MUI thread and erasing it - thanks. Please attach (not paste) your Last.Session.ini and make sure you have not run nLite more than once against the same source. Always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and do all your work in one nLite session. There is an unattend.txt in my original CD files but not in the one I have run nLite against. I guess nLite has deleted it, so it is not used. What kind of CD do you have? Please post the CD label (such as ARMPXOEM_EN), so we can see. If it is an OEM disk and has been installed on a previous PC, you may be violating your EULA and may be able to install but not activate your OS (after 30 days you're dead). Enjoy, John.

BTW the unattend.txt is a generic key code..not a valid one.

What do you mean by "not valid" ? Is this not the andwer to your question ? Some keys that can be found on the Internet have been blacklisted.

Thank YOU - I appreciate your resonse. I need some help....

this is a new install on a completely empty pc. Each time I have loaded the XP OS I have formatted the HD's then loaded, thinking that would be a pretty clean install...

Last.Session.ini couldn't be found. I search the whole pc. To answer though, each session in NLite was an original. I never loaded a previous session. New directories, new OS from CD read, etc.

I also believe the previous install wouldn't yet apply because pc hasn't loaded to start it's count down. For the record (if there is one) this is a new pc replacing one that has meet with utter destruction. I'm using an older pc (X2000 SP4) to do the work on - creating the ISO images, burning the CD's, etc. So I'm loading a known good original CD to a new pc....and ....this realy should be easier :)... only the new equiptment actually is ahead of XP(1st ver, no SP) so I really need to include SP2 or SP3 (preferably) in the initial loading for the software to see and use the whole pc. None of my MoBo drivers will load with XP (no SP's) :).

The label is WXPVOL_EN...it's one of the first XP versions.

One other request you made...Ok, I'm guilty of double posting...I was looking for the shortest way to an answer.

It's removed -np

Hope this info will help.

THX

PONCH (thx for the response)

the unattend.txt file is an example of an "unattended" install (creating sysprep.inf, which BTW I don't have). The key code listed in this generic file is rarely if ever the real XP key code. I think both of us can think of examples of when it is...but not the case here. I've always owned this one and it still works even on this new pc if I'm willing to accept hard drives at 130Gb or so, and no audio or video drivers :wacko: ..... as I said earlier.. this should be easier

I believe nlite's the solution but something wierd is happening in the service pack merging with the OS and ISO creation.

....i see a new OS purchase on the horizon.......... nahhh THAT would would be too easy :rolleyes:

Kelsenellenelvian (THX for your response)

#1 The original key # has most likely been blacklisted... (Means that the SP will deny it as an illegal key)

A: not likely. This is a brand new legal MS CD(just no SP's). even a blacklisted code will be accepted until the OS goes online. This OS works, just can't see the drives and allow the drivers to load. It needs an SP upgrade integrated in the load process - not after. I'll be dealing with MS after I get it running to reflect the new PC.

#2 Try JUST slipstreaming SP3 and making an install with only that modification.

If I'm reading you right, all the ISO's I created via Nlite were just the orginal CD (XP, no SP's) and the downloaded SP3. I made no changes or adjustments. I also made one for SP2 when the one with SP3 didn't work due to not recognizing the Key Code from the original version it slipstreamed from. Now that just doesn't make any sense to me.

#3 last_session.ini is on your disk.

I'm sorry this isn't a file on the original XP CD. Now if you mean the "hard disk"...I searched all drives for it. If it's an NLITE created INI file (I assume so) it's not there. Let me know if it should be...maybe that's part of the problem????

Edited by atv-jim

This OS works, just can't see the drives and allow the drivers to load
the new PC

New PC?

Is it a SATA based PC? If so then your issue is there.

As for the blacklisted code thing, you are wrong starting with sp1 MS built in hundreds of blacklisted codes that where released on the net or found to be pirated. If you don't believe me try a key that starts with FCKGW-****-*****-*****-*****. So far several hundred keys are not accepted by the os at all.

You'll get this info when you put the key in.

New PC? Is it a SATA based PC? If so then your issue is there.

it is SATA. I use the F6 and load the drivers during install....the original OS doesn't see the correct disk sizes but the merged (slipstreamed) version w/SP2 or SP3 does! (don't respond till you read the next answer)

As for the blacklisted code thing, you are wrong starting with sp1 MS built in hundreds of blacklisted codes that where released on the net or found to be pirated. If you don't believe me try a key that starts with FCKGW-****-*****-*****-*****.

.....................................ok.....................I'm laughing my a$$ off now. This so called original appears to be what it's not......."FCKGW"......too funny. BINGO.....

BTW, that's not the message I got...it just said "Key Code entered doesn't match" something simple like that.

I was gonna quit on this excersize yesterday and go buy a new OS CD anyway. Instead I was just determined to beat this thing ....all I can do now is thank you guys for your help cause I wasn't gonna quit til Monday :blushing:

THX

Edited by atv-jim

atv-jim, it is LastSession.ini not Last.Session.ini and it is in your source folder after you run nLite unless you disabled it on the General tab of Options. There is also a copy in C:\Program Files\nLite\Presets by date. If you are not running nLite in English, the name will be different. I think the real problem here is using Win 2000 to nLite an XP CD. Can you get to a system with XP? BTW, Google says FCKGW is the first five characters of the Volume License Key (VLK). One solution is for you to load your XP (as is) on your new computer, then run nLite and create a CD to load SP3 and do whatever else you want to do such as post SP3 hot fixes, unattended, drivers, etc. It would mean you will have to make a CD containing all you need (nLite, SP3, etc) on your Win 2000 machine. Lets us know how it turns out. Enjoy, John.

atv-jim, it is LastSession.ini not Last.Session.ini

Neither of them, it's "Last Session.ini" with a space, and it is indeed on your hard drive in C:\Program Files\nLite\Presets.

The main question is... why are you using a key that you found in an "unattended.txt" when you says you own a legit key. Where is YOUR key that came with your "brand new XP disk" ?

ok.....................I'm laughing my a$$ off now.

See if we care. You're the one with the problem. :hello:

I've had a problem like that when reinstalling a computer for my brother but I had to mix languages as the original install was danish OEM. I think that was my problem (PID not matching). I never solved it and ended up installing SP3 after install. Not very elegant. Good luck.

PONCH...chill dude

I was laughing because the key code that came with my legit copy is FCKGW ***. I had no idea it's a banned key code it's been working for about 4 years.

fckgw-label.gif

It's the full prism tape label etc. It's a legit copy that obviously sometime later became an abused VLM version. Not my doing. If it wasn't for the fact that I've had it for about 4 years I'd really be p***ed that MS killed my fully paid for product. I had no Idea until you mentioned it and included a fact that integrated within the SP's are a complete list of those banned keys.

Thus my response - "BINGO" this is my problem. Not working via w2000, not Nlite, nothing other than I can never upgrade this version without changing the key 1st or buying another legit copy that will also one day be banned by those a$$-wipes at MS.

BTW...you've been right about all your comments so far. The file "Last Session.ini" with a space was easily found. My original searches were a "copy/paste" of the files referenced here so of course they were never found (syntax).

Also, I was never using the keys found within the unattend.txt file. Although I did try them once my original key no longer worked, which we now know was because the SP's slipstreamed with my original XP was blocking my original key.

Case closed.....Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

I have one other question....most of the newer ver's of XP pro are SP2's. Can I still slipstream this version with the SP3 using Nlite? or do I do it the old fasion way (load the XPw/SP2 then upgrade w/SP3)

Well, either you were the root of all evil ;)

or, more probably :), you were sold not a "simple" warez copy, but rather a "counterfeited" copy, with fake CD, fake hologram and fake sticker (besides the "leaked" key).

Point is that the FCKGW key is a VLK one and should NOT be able to install an OEM release. :unsure:

Can you check the PID of your original (counterfeited) CD?

See here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=127263&hl=

Make a google search for images with FCKGW as keyword, amd you'll see WHY it has been so popular....;)

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz