nLite iso file missing

danico55

I used nLite last nite to streamline an XP install. I thought I would be asked to make an iso file but after I went tru all nLite, I never got an iso file created. I have files made in my XPinstall folder with a setup.exe file. If I put that on USB drive as I have no cd player on this Acer Aspire One, will I be able to boot up and install XP from the USB?

danico55, the last option on the nLite Task Selection page is Bootable ISO. This will write a CD/DVD of create an ISO file. You can start nLite against your current source file and select this option to make an ISO. In general you should not run nLite more than once against the same source. I have seen several posts here about using USB sticks to place the ISO. You should search them out. I also recommend that you consider a virtual system (VirtualBox, VirtualPC, VMware Server - all free) for testing. Enjoy, John.

There is no need to make the ISO if you are not going to use a CD. Read the sticky posts in the sub forum called "Install XP from USB", download "USB_Multiboot_10" and run it. If you removed the "manual install" (winnt.exe) in your nLite process, you will have to start over again.

There is no need to make the ISO if you are not going to use a CD. Read the sticky posts in the sub forum called "Install XP from USB", download "USB_Multiboot_10" and run it. If you removed the "manual install" (winnt.exe) in your nLite process, you will have to start over again.

There's a need to create ISO even though you didn't use a CD, that is for testing the modified installer source. It's always faster booting in virtual machine using an ISO file than from USB (if it's supported). Plus if I remembered correctly, there's no need for "manual install" to be included since you're booting from USB, thus no GUI is needed.

Edited by FarCry3r

There's a need to create ISO even though you didn't use a CD, that is for testing the modified installer source. It's always faster booting in virtual machine using an ISO file than from USB (if it's supported). Plus if I remembered correctly, there's no need for "manual install" to be included since you're booting from USB, thus no GUI is needed.

Anyway I am all mixed up with all those programs that I have to add. All I want is Install a tiny XP to an Acer Aspire One instead of running the original LinuxLite from a USB stick as there are no CD drive on an Aspire One. And now, the install is still not working because at boot, I have Error Code 18, Biosinfo.inf missing. I am sick and tired of all that crap, look so simple on paper.