Java versions

cannie

Wsxedcrfv, you can install Java 6 till update 7 without KernelEx. Newer versions require KernelEx.

No, you can install update 18 (yes, it's a newest version) but again with KernelEx.

No, specifically Firefox 3.6 require at least Java 6 update 10 - check info from my link.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question for you 9x users. Does Java 5.0 Update 22 work under Win98se?

One Win98se user claimed that java 5.0 update 22 does not install under 98se. see here:

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5415280

You can get the latest Java download for Win98/ME from this site:

http://java.com/en/download/windows98me_manual.jsp

Edited by erpdude8

I have a question for you 9x users. Does Java 5.0 Update 22 work under Win98se?

Yes it does work without any problems whatsoever. Both my 98SE2ME and 98SE machines have had Java 5.0 Update 22 working on them since November 4th 2009. I have always uninstalled the previous versions before installing the newer version.

HTH

Yes it does work without any problems whatsoever. Both my 98SE2ME and 98SE machines have had Java 5.0 Update 22 working on them since November 4th 2009. I have always uninstalled the previous versions before installing the newer version.

HTH

actually, lightning slinger, what I meant to say is can you install Java 5.0u22 under Win98se without any problems (and without the KernelEx addon?) try it out and post your results.

... can you install Java 5.0u22 under Win98se without any problems (and without the KernelEx addon?)...

Yes it installs without KernelEx without any problems, I don't have KernelEx on either of my machines. I have doubled checked by installing the version from your link and my own downloaded version of November 4th 2009. Neither give any problem.

Edited by lightning slinger