inquiry about an installation process

Edzoss

Hi all,

well i`am facing a problem with installing the LAN driver for my toshiba notebook..

i have the driver i got it after i have formatted the laptop but when i extract the LAN driver from its .zip file there is no setup file..

and i have tried all the ways of installing it from add or remove hardware changes or devices but its still not working..

can anyone tell me how to install it ?..thnx all.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33

the have disk method of driver installation is what i suggest and it is explained graphically on the link above, although some of the earlier steps dont apply to you.

Just make sure you have extracted the driver files out of the zip and know where they are located. I suggest extracting to c:\lanDrivers and using that on the have disk section.

start>run>type devmgmt.msc click ok

find the hardware and right click, click update drivers, then instead of automatic click manual and in the browse box find the folder where you extracted the drivers and click ok. it will search through that folder for any compatible drivers for that hardware. if it doesnt load the driver i would say you have the wrong driver...

also do you have the make and model of your laptop?