Using WSIM on XP?

I know this tool for vista/server 08 but would it be possible to apply some of the tools to xp. I was thinking about changing the way I do sysprep. Instead of having all the drivers load like they do in sysprep would it be possible to capture the wim image of an xp install and inject the xp drivers the same way you do with vista?

peimg /inf works on XP images if you have the right folders (that is, users and windows) in the filesystem root. However, only tried it for HDC drivers.

It does not work for all drivers. I've had mixed success, sometimes it works sometimes not, even with the same driver set. I raised this question to MS but they said it should work in all cases. I didn't pursue the issue further but I am sure there is a bug concerning XP WIMs and the PEIMG. When it works, it works fine, when it doesn't, it says "not a valid Win PE Image."

well, the funny thing about peimg and driver integration is, that on the first run it will always give you some error message. but it doesnt seem to be troublesome in any way. I think I dealt only with Intel and NVidia HDC drivers so far, the hardware set where I work isnt that big.