Windows 7 & Classic Start Menu ?

Win2k3EE

MagicAndre1981 I respect you choice, please respect mine. ;)

I don't like the new start menu in WinXP, in Vista and in Windows 7, but in the first 2 mentioned OSes I can switch back to classic menu, in Windows 7, you can't...yet!

I'll dig into the registry, maybe I'll find something. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tconnelly

Copyingfrom XP or Vista would not work.

Win 7 is the first OS is a while where they truly added new features to instead of space to put stuff making it difficult to switch between different start menus and taskbars without changin explorer.exe

but if you like the looks of the old one for some reason then just use windows blinds.

• 2 weeks later...

If Microsoft removed the classic start menu from Windows 7 I will be really p***ed. Please don't tell me they are that stupid!

Did those idiots also remove the ability to right-click a folder in Explorer and select search?

I bet the search function is all screwed up like in Vista. You will need the index service spying on all your files constantly to do simple basic searches.

Can someone try this for me, I do it all the time in XP with the standard search function (without indexing enabled): search the Windows directory and find all INI files with the term "sata" in them. In XP this would bring up the inf files that supported sata controllers.

If you don't like it, then don't use it...

Some people prefer to resist change (and bi*ch about it) instead of embracing it. Nothing we can do I'm afraid.

I never cared too much for XP's start menu (took too bloody long to get to any app you haven't used last), but Vista's and its search is a million times better than XP's and classic. You can start ~99% of your apps in 4-6 keystrokes, without ever touching the mouse.