Couple of random WPI questions.

Hi WPI Buddys

First.. I love WPI!! So you know guys/girls..

But.. I have two small problems.

1. My InstallLogos and InstallBg dont get transparent.. :} What do i do wrong?!

2. Got an error when i add applications for the first time, seems to be the length of my path to WPI when im doing some adminstrator work to config.js.

And i have tried several languages if that could be the case but no.. same issue.

I have attached a .jpeg file so you can see for you selfs.

These issues are on a clean Windows XP SP3 Swedish valid version with WMP11 slipstreamed.

Maybe im doing something wrong but please tell me and try to fix on my on..

PS. Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks

Best regards

post-222386-1228852149_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

When adding a new item or command, type in the Name or Command string and hit the TAB key so the text is accepted. If you click anywhere else first then it still thinks it is blank and errors.

If that was the case, what did you click after typing in the Name? Maybe I missed disabling a gadget.

Thanks for the fast reply mritter!

I was clicking everywere on the whole window that "Name, Unique ID and Description" exists in.

But if i answer Yes in the error message it seems to work anyway. :)

Like always the biggest of my problems is the cosmetics in the install window with WPI, the logos dont get transparent.. do you have any idea about that?

But when i try the WPI on my PC were i configure the WPI it works.. im using the Server theme that comes with WPI.

I have tried three of your $oem$ cmdlines with WPI.inf,WPI.exe and WPI.cmd still the same problem.

I can try make an image of that to if you like.

My image is a clean WinXP SP3 Swedish valid version with Drivepacks and WMP11 slipstreamed.

Thanks again

Edited by freeAppz

Thanks Kelsenellenelvian!! :)

That would make some sense, i thought that the original theme should support IE6.

It would really help me a great deal if you maybe could fix some logos to support IE6.

Im using the InstallBg_09.png and InstallLogo_06.png.

I was told that IE7 could not be integrated :( I was obviosly wrong.

My WPI is installing IE7.. ironic.. ;)

And mritter TAB worked like a sharm! Thanks and sorry for all stupid questions!

Best regards

faz

post-222386-1228908493_thumb.png

post-222386-1228908507_thumb.png

Edited by freeAppz

There are a few addons over on RyanVM's site for IE7 integration. The ones I've found are all in English, but it should at least give you an idea of what you can do, or what you are looking for.

Here is one you could take a look at as an example.

This is the one I used for a long time before OnePiece released a pack that includes Windows updates, IE7, and Windows Media Player 11...

Edited by chaoticyeshua

Thank you very much chaoticyeshua!

I have tried the integrator and it works just fine.

But how do i get the IE7 to install unattended? Now i had to click next, next in the middle of WinXP installation.. :blink:

Best regards

faz

Edited by freeAppz

I'm not sure how to answer your question. I always used other peoples' addons since they came with updates and everything. I've never actually made an addon for IE7 myself, sorry :( You might want to ask on one of the forums I linked. Maybe they can even direct you to a Swedish addon, but I couldn't find one when I was looking for you.

Thank you anyway, i have learned so much on past couple of days about WPI and i just love it!

I´ll think i wait to Kelsenellenelvian perhaps can get my pictures ready for IE6 and then do the install of IE7 the old fashion way. ;)

Now i have started an translation of WPIs swedish language file, and after that im ready for installation of my OS.

Have a great weekend everyone! I will :D

Edited by freeAppz

I found a new IE6 PNG fix to correct the problem. It will be released shortly in 7.2.2 maintenance release. I am not adding anything new, just bug fixes and tweaks of old code that needed to be updated.

The new fix works 95%. Some buttons with rounded corners still have the problem. Still working on it.......

Great! I look forward to it! :)

Btw a maintenance release is a complete version of WPI right?

I mean i could basicly just change the new UserConfig.js and Config.js to the old one i have. execpt if i found any changes in them i need to copy my old info in the new ones.

Thanks again!