Windows 7 build 6956 Lite install error

studio48

Hi all..

I created a lite version of the Windows 7 build 6956 and tought that it would work like a charm just as the windows 7 Lite build 6801 ..but i was wrong.

I tried several ways spilled about 5 dvd's and waisted at least 12 hours on thsis (Silly) project i,m on but still i want to know what i,m doing wrong and if its impossible

now to get parts out of this build.

Maybe some of you guys could tell me what went wrong.

Everything goes good..it boots installs well after selecting the drive etc it starts to copy ..then jumps to the next process and then at 100% i get this error

"windows could not apply unattend settings during pass (offlineservicing)"

Help is needed here from experts..]

Hope to hear from you smart guys here..i will post my preset files aswel.

Thanks in advance..

Best regards Puck

Edited by studio48

I got exactly the same problem all the time, no matter if i use vlite or not.

installwindowsyk9.jpg

Can anyone please help me out here since i cannot find anything about this problem whatsoever :(

Edited by Lucaz

Browsing this section of the forum for about 5 minutes tells you about a thread that have the info about for example: removing manual install, system restore, hibernation and trying to fiddle with the unattended mode that comes with vlite will not make this install possible or even boot.

I might be wrong about system restore and hibernation, but manual install and unattended mode is out of the question.

Browsing this section of the forum for about 5 minutes tells you about a thread that have the info about for example: removing manual install, system restore, hibernation and trying to fiddle with the unattended mode that comes with vlite will not make this install possible or even boot.

I might be wrong about system restore and hibernation, but manual install and unattended mode is out of the question.

Yes, and to OP, dont waste DVD disc in vain, just use Virtual PC or VMWare to test youre image´s before you burn them. Perfect for the occasion!

Ok Guys my final repport is here..

I could edit the iso with vlite but that would result in the error you see above in the picture that user posted..thank you thats the error i get aswel when i edit the win7 build 6956 with Vlite.

Now i have 2 test pc's one is a tower i build a dual AMD 4600 with 1 gig memory.

The other is a Compaq EPC Evo d512 with 2500mhz pentium processor. and 512mb ram

Vlite helped me in some way read what happend

In the compaq i had no DVD drive so i tought to be smart and selected in vlite only to create a bootable iso splitted in 5 cd's

Because i was tired of the waisting of disck i burned only disk 1 of 5.

and booted..let me give you some more history on this case.

I have a usb dvd drive i can connect to the compaq and normaly i always install the OS this way but now when i inserted the full dvd of WIn7 build 6956

i get error code 5 at boot..cannot boot code 5-

The same Dvd however booted without a problem on my second test pc the AMD dual 4600mhz and installed fine.

I was like what the hell is the code 5 i get and booted with the disk 1 of 5 created with vlite and it booted just fine in the compaq.

Ready to go an burn Disk 2 of 5 and i get a error insert correct disk bla bla and then it went back to the menu that say's Do you want to install Win7 ?

THe same menu you get if you insert the dvd from Windows -

When i saw that i concluded that i need a dvd drive for the compaq and pulled out 1 out of my old laptop.

Inserted it and tought oke..now i can boot directly from the dvd cause the disk 1 is spoiled aswel.

Booted the compaq with the dvd i get this error again..code 5 cannot boot.

So i removed the dvd and inserted the cd 1 of 5 and booted till i get the error again and then it went back to the part..do you want to install win7.

At that point i inserted the DVD (full) and clicked install.

All went good and Win 7 installed without a problem and now thecompaq runs the 6956 --without this trick i cant see how i otherwise should have done it..

so Vlite helped me in some way !

Thats all for now folks..

Thank you for testing !

Regards Puck

Edited by studio48

I was wondering, why won't hannubys listen to what other suggest and try the modified 6956 on a virtual machine first before actually burning the CD(s) out?

Ofcourse we did that first ..

I,,m wondering what your reply can help to solve this problem .

Wondering what point Mr Knowitall wants to make here.

Edited by studio48

• 2 weeks later...