alt/tab coolswitch don't work after slipstream sp3 with 1419

cozetti

Hi,

I've used nlite a few times to slipstream and mod windows xp pro. But this time I found something annoting. When using ver 1.4.19, integrate sp2, integrate sp3, and config/tweak many options, I've lost the coolswitch feature when using alt+tab keyboard shortcut (tasklist dissappears as soon as i release the TAB key)

Say, I have 5 windows opened, I can press alt-tab, and switch between the LAST 2 (I'm able to see the tasklist for a brief time), but I'm unable to reach the other windows, while holding the ALT key.

If I press TAB (while pressing ALT) I CAN see the tasklist, but it goes very fast and I can't stop at the desired task.

I've installed the task switcher powertoy, and got the same result.

I don't see enabled any accessibility option, and didn't touch the typematic delay from bios/registry.

I really miss holding down ALT and switch apps with tab/shift+tab.

What else can I do?

cozetti, please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini. I assume you mean nLite version 1.4.9.1. If you really integrated both SP2 and SP3, I am surprised you do not have many more and more sever problems than you describe. You only need to integrate the latest SP. You should always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and do all the work in one nLite session. Have you tried a virtual system ( VirtualPC, VirtualBox, VMware server - all free) to test your ISO? Enjoy, John.

Hi,

I've integrated sp2 from vanilla xp, because I've heard that sp3 expects i386 folder AT LEAST at sp1a version, so I've tried to play safe. So far, not many problems, but didn't test everything.

EDIT: Problem solved. After a closer look, it was a keyboard fault. I've installed the nlited version with a brand new wireless keyboard, and seems that the receiver recognizes a pressed (and hold) key, as a several keystrokes, and that screwed that function :(

I'll open a new thread with other questions, so this can be closed.

Thanks!