Integrating Drivers, I'm just not getting it

jim5555

:blushing: Hi, I'm having trouble understanding how to intergrate device drivers. I think I would be OK if I could get a simple step by step on how to, I've read the guides, but in this section they appears to assume I know what's going on, (but I don't know) :blink: . Please help with just one of the following.

The three drivers I want to intergrate in the NLite 1.4.9.1 Window XP Home CD.

SATA2 -JMicron_xp SATA_2K(V207) Drivers

SATA -SATA_Vista_XP64_MCE_XP_2K_ME_98(1058f) Driver

LAN -Lan_XP64_MCE_XP_2K_ME_98(3.50) Driver

My motherboard has two SATA controllers, However I'm going to be using the JMicron controller for this Window XP Home install.

I've downloaded the Zip file, Extracted it to my desktop, creating a folder JMicron_xp SATA_2K(V207). Inside that folder IS:

folder X32

folder X64

Install.exe

Jmicron

Jx32.exe

Jx64.exe

mfc70.dll

msvcr70.dll

Please_Run_Install.txt

Readme.txt

txtsetup.oem

In folder X32 is the folling: (I think this is the one to use for a 32 bit OS)

jahci.cat

jahci.sys

jgogo.sys

JMahci.inf Setup Information.

In folder X64 is the folling: (I think this is the one to use for a 64 bit OS)

jahcix64.cat

Jahcix64.sys

jgogox64.sys

JMahci.inf Setup Information.

That's it in that folder, do I just direct it to the .inf file and the rest will follow?

OK I lied, Also in the other two drivers there is just one file and it is an .exe, can I use them, and how.

I know it's a long post, I just wanted to cover everything.

Again, thank you very much.

Edited by jim5555

OK take the x32 folder and add the txtseup.oem file into it.

You will then have a folder with these files:

jahci.cat

jahci.sys

jgogo.sys

JMahci.inf

txtseup.oem

and point nLite to that folder, when you get a popup asking for txtmode or standard integration you MUST pick txtmode.

Then off you go.

jim5555, please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini and make sure you nLite your source only once. Always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and do all your work in one nLite session. Stay away from all Vista and x64 folders. You are looking for the .inf files for the drivers that go with the OS your are to run. You probably also need text mode drivers for the SATA drives (sometimes called PF6 drivers). If the drives DL as an .exe file, you need to try extracting them. I use 7-Zip for this. Good luck, John.

:hello: Thank you for the help, Kelsenellenelvian, sittingduck, and johnhc. Sorry I didn't get back sooner.

I have just a few more questions, I have not run nlite yet, I'm now just getting my ducks in a row, so I hope the following questions are not to stupid.

Kelsenellenelvian - Again thank you, when and where do I direct nlite to add this folder, in the Intergrate Drivers section? I'm guessing that the Intergrate Drivers section is different then what's shown in the guide.

johnhc - Thank you, Wow, I used 7-Zip to open up those .exe files, there is way to many files and folders in them, and they have no clear titles to tell me which ones to use. I think for the Lan and the standard SATA drivers I'm going to go old school. I'm lucky that the one I need to be intergrated into Windows is the one that was detailed.

johnhc - The text mode drivers for the SATA drives, is that the txtsetup.oem file? Or something else.

Again, thank you.

Jim :)

jim5555, yes, the txtsetup.oem is associated with the text mode driver. After you extract the .exe file, then right click the folder the files are in and click Search. Search for *.inf. Here is a post I put up some time ago about Catalyst Video drivers. Enjoy, John.