Synergy Sucks

Nerwin

Well I been using this Synergy software to use my keyboard and mouse on my computer and on my file server. So I have a dual screen set up, on going to my computer and one going to my file server. Most of the times the software works flawless.

But everyone once it a while it will not work, on the client it says its connected to the server which is my system. and on my system it says its waiting for clients.

Nothing works at all. So I have to uninstall the program and delete the registry keys and then reinstall the app. This will work.

But I am getting sick of this.

I don't know if there is something wrong or not.

I'm thinking to get a cheap KVM to use my mouse and stuff.

Unless I just make KM.

Ahaha.

Well I wouldent mind putting the screen on my system but my video card doesnt like it for some strange reason.

I might get a 4 port KVM since I work on computers, this will be much more easier to use my keyboard and mouse between computers.

I'd recommend a KVM. I'm considering getting one myself. What I do right now is I have a dual display setup and I use remote desktop to access my other computer when i need to. In the rare occasion in which I need to actually be plugged into the other computer for some reason, such as needing 3d hardware acceleration or something, then I just switch over the keyboard and mouse manually.

you are still talking about a KVM, lol.

i only have 2 towers, 1 desktop, 1 server. i have 2x24" lcds.

my desktop is using both monitors via dvi and the server is using both via vga.

i just switch the monitor mode and i am good to go.

i have 2 mouses and 2 keyboards.

remote desktoping / VNCing was just too much of a pain and it was laggy even on my gigabit network, so i am just doing it the normal way.

plus i get to see all of the cool effects in Ubuntu now :)

Yeah I don't have room for another keyboard and mouse.

But I need a KVM anyways cause I repair computers and its much more better and easier...

But I can't find a good 4 port KVM .

it needs to just be a VGA and PS/2

Cause synergy doesn't work at all anymore... No matter what I do, it will just not work anymore.