wpi not waiting when installing Adobe Photoshop

Hello All. got what might be a quick question. I am trying to install Adobe Photoshop cs3. I have the install/deployement file correct.I have tested it in vm and it works. but if i load it into wpi and call it from a batch file, the setup will began but wpi wont wait for it to finish before starting other installs. I have also tried unpacking cs3 to desktop then using a batch file to call setup and again it starts but wpi wont let it finish. any thoughts. O and btw whoever figured out the "office fix" is a GENIUS. THANKS. thanks

sorry it took me so long to respond. been crazy busy. anyway here is the content of the .bat file, and if i forgot to mention the .bat file works if i dont silently install with wpi. if i just run bat file on a normal desktop it will silently install. if i run it thru wpi then it doesnt work it starts install but then just starts doing the rest of my install list and doesnt finish photoshop. thanks for all help

"%Userprofile%\Desktop\CS3\Adobe CS3\Setup.exe" --mode=Silent --deploymentFile="%Userprofile%\Desktop\CS3\Adobe CS3\Deployment.xml"

• 4 months later...

I'm still looking through the forums but I'm having the exact same issue and I did put START /WAIT at the beginning of all my application .cmd install files. The WPI installer runs all the .cmd files one after the other without pausing between each one and closes while apps are still beating each other up for msiexec rights.....

Has anyone else who has run into this problem found a solution? I am trying to standardize the WPI installer for mulitple client sites and using .cmd files so I don't have to keep updating the WPI - I can just change the name of the .exe in the .cmd file.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help!

This seems not to be a cmd- or wpi-problem - its more an installer-problem.

Some installers extracting and/or simply starting a msi-setup.

You can try to extrax you setup-file with Universal Extractor and/or run your msi-installer manually with msiexec /i you.msi your_arguments

Al

@Kelsenellenelvian

The company I work for researched your app to make sure that it did not violate any copyrights or permissions by using it in a corporate environment and have been using it for approx. a year. Now, you have decided to charge for the application (which is understandable) but offer no support outside of the forums which I spent most of today searching to get an answer to my question.

Additionally, you do not explain or justify your sudden licensing strategy or make any effort to answer my post - you took one minute to paste a generic link to your standard message. This does not give me the impression that your support structure would be any better.

I have also used this at home and recommended it to several friends. Rest assured, that will no longer continue to be the case. For those of us who have worked with WPI for years and did what we could (within our means) to support this excellent application, the "answer" to my forum post is quite simply a slap in the face.

I wish you continued success but it will not be due to any effort on my part.

The licensing issue was due to abuse of WPI by certain companies, which will remain un-named. Also the fact that besides the hardware donations I have recieved we have gotten almost NO actual monetary support in the past. (I can count the number of actual donations I have gotten in the past 3 years on both hands) mritter has only gotten 3 donations TOTAL... And I mean most of these donations are 20 bucks or less. If it wasn't for a kind fan of WPI we wouldn't even have a website.

As for support I have always offered live msn support (Just search the threads) plus I DID ask to see your .bat file which you never posted (Fully). I CANNOT help you without proper information. Hell I have even given phone support to some people.

I am sorry you see this licensing as a slap in the face but the hosting and web design are not always free. I live on disablility and work on WPI nearly everyday.

WPI still remains free for personal use and my offer of live support stands for it too.

A proper .bat file conatains ALOT more than just 1 line of code...

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian