Death in my family

Nerwin

Well today my Uncle David died of a heart attack while driving home.

He was just here at my house dropping to some stuff off and then he left to go home and then he had a heart attack while driving.

he was only 43 years old! Why does the good die young?

I have no idea what to do, but there isnt really much to do besides to move on and not try to kill my self over it.

This is not the Christmas present I wanted this year.

I just thought I would share this and maybe someone could chear me up a little or something.

I'm sorry to hear that, Nerwin. Death is an unfortunate, tragic thing. A friend of mine who is only 18 has a brain tumor, he has a 40% chance of living, and I am kind of stressed out about that as well. I am hoping he makes it through this.

Yet despite the death in this world, think about the good things in life. That's what I try to do when I'm feeling down. There are so many things out there that are bad, yet there are many, many things which are good. Try to think of the good things your uncle did in his life. If nothing else, go get a hug from a close friend. It always helps. :)

Thanks for the response. Its just unexpected. I just dont wanna kill my self over it.. so I'm just going to do stuff that I love to do to keep my mind calm and what not. Everyone will have to move on at some point.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Sorry I haven't been responsive on MSN. The end of the school term caught up with me and the end of last week was pretty busy.

I hope you can remember your uncle for the good things he provided in your life. :)

Well today my Uncle David died of a heart attack while driving home.

Sorry to hear about that. I had 2 deaths in the family this year.

Why does the good die young?

Doesn't matter if they are good or bad, people die because of adam and eve, sin in the world. If you don't believe that, just ignore it.

I have no idea what to do

You can mourn, keep the memories and look forward to better days and continue living.

But there isnt really much to do besides to move on and not try to kill my self over it.

Killing yourself won't solve anything, if anything it will make matters worse.

I just thought I would share this and maybe someone could chear me up a little or something.

http://bible.tmtm.com/wiki/Revelation_Chapter_21,_Verse_4

One of the greatest things that a human being can tell you , is that when someone falls asleep in death, you also be fully aware that those who do, you will see them again, when that time comes. So try not to worry so much, just look forward to better days. Enjoy your life, enjoy this world :)

You may say i make it sound so easy, haha well it is. I mention that i have had 2 deaths this year. Well once you get a better understanding on why people die, etc, things really don't bother you as much. I for one, have alot of faith, too much , so i put things , bad things beside me, and keep moving. I try to ignore the negativity of things in this world, and focus my attention on the positive.

peace

Edited by T.N.G.O.G.

Thanks Guys for your support. This was soo unexpected..

Would it be better if it was expected?

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Don't beat yourself up over it. Live life while you can, because we'll all eventually meet the same fate.

Nerwin - I feel bad for ya, man. My dad crashed into a tree on a state route in the middle of town before Thanksgiving in 1997. I was kinda stuck with the final decision to "let him go" at the hospital. Yeah, it sux but ya gotta get on with life and appreciate those remaining while they're still here.

My heart goes out to you and yours. Give them all a hug for us.

Because we'll all eventually meet the same fate.

Not necessary, stop thinking negative.

I was kinda stuck with the final decision to "let him go" at the hospital. Yeah, it sux

Something happen to one of my family members and we all had to let this person go, i know how to deal with it, because i have alot of faith, but i was disappointed with myself because i couldn't save this person or resurrect this person. :no: Wish i had the power to do so tho. :}

Edited by T.N.G.O.G.

Because we'll all eventually meet the same fate.

Not necessary, stop thinking negative.

How is that negative.

Death is reality, yes. However we don't have to sit up and discuss it or think about it. Think about living, enjoying this world :thumbup I choose to ignore it , which is why i hate having discussions about non positive stuff, i hate, so i kinda ignore it. So when this person in my family died, i cried in my sleep about it, you know dreaming about it, but i didn't cry when this person died, i just kinda ignored it, because i hate looking or talking about stuff like that. I am all about living, **** death.

So my advice to all, be aware of death, but never think about it. :)

On another note, death doesn't concern me, so you know......( think positive my friends ) and just remember those who have died, keep them in your heart and continue living :)

While there is something to be said for focusing on the positive things in life, which I try to do as much as possible, I think it's important to also acknowledge that bad things do happen. Ignoring the hardships we face in life is not going to make them go away, and will only increase the hurt if we don't acknowledge it. In America (I know not all of you are American, but this is the predominant worldview elsewhere as well), grieving publicly is taboo. People are discouraged from crying around others, and we are trained to keep our feelings inside and grieve silently to ourselves. I don't think this is effective. Of course, if I were to walk around school bawling, I'd probably get some weird looks. People aren't used to public displays of sadness. But that doesn't mean that I would try to keep it in or only express grief to myself. While nobody close to me has died recently, there's a lot of stuff going on in my life right now which is not all that fun. When there's shit going down in my life, instead of keeping it in and trying to ignore it, I acknowledge what's happening, and I try my hardest to accept that for what it is. Finding the good side in the bad, but also being aware of the bad and recognizing it as well. Instead of hiding my emotions from my friends, I tell them what's going on. Not to everyone, but there are a few close people who I know I can go to for a hug, some consoling words, some empathy and understanding. I realize that not everyone is comfortable sharing these things, but I feel like it really helps, and would highly recommend trying to let things out rather than keep them in. Perhaps you might find that it doesn't help much, and if so I'm sorry, but give it a try. Let the tears flow, and when you're done, then refocus on the good things. :)

Edited by Idontwantspam