a write operation was attempted to a volume after it was dismounted

duration

purkleturkle, you do not want to be renaming a .7z file to a .cab file. Both type files go into the nLite Hot Fix section and are handled appropriately by nLite. A 'real' or 'slipstream' type AddOn is integrated into the source files and an 'svcpack' one is setup to run at T-13 from the svcpack folder. I tried all the links and they all stink, big time. I do not permit cookies for most sites and the DL sites typically do not like that. If you will permit cookies, I think they will work. Enjoy, John.

purkleturkle, you do not want to be renaming a .7z file to a .cab file. Both type files go into the nLite Hot Fix section and are handled appropriately by nLite. A 'real' or 'slipstream' type AddOn is integrated into the source files and an 'svcpack' one is setup to run at T-13 from the svcpack folder. I tried all the links and they all stink, big time. I do not permit cookies for most sites and the DL sites typically do not like that. If you will permit cookies, I think they will work. Enjoy, John.

Hi John, thanks again. I have managed to just get it now - stink is the word!

Okay so within DXUPAC I am going to select the following..

Program: IE8

Add On Type: SvcPack AddOn

and the select it within Nlite Hotfixes, Add-ons and Update Packs!?

Here goes - thanks again for all your help :)

No Dice, while trying to insert within 'Nlite Hotfixes, Add-ons and Update Pack'

I am getting this error with SVCPack Option

"Unsupported file: path\NonnoFabio_IE8_WinXPSP3_SvcPack_AddOn_ENU.7z."

and this error with True AddOn Option

"Unsupported file: path\OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_True_AddOn_ENU.7z."

These are the files I am trying to intergrate..

X86-en-ie8-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe

X86-en-ie8-windowsxp-kb980182-x86-enu.exe

X86-en-ie8-windowsxp-kb976662-x86-enu.exe

X86-en-ie8-windowsxp-kb980302-x86-enu.exe

as recommended by -X-

Any ideas?

purkleturkle, sorry I do not use these tools so I am not familiar with them. Hopefully -X- will reply soon. If not, send him a PM. Attaching your Last Session and posting a screen shot would be a good start for him or someone familiar. Good luck, John.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I know this is an old topic, but I am currently having an issue, here are the details.

nLite Version: v1.4.9.1

Local OS: Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP2

nLite OS: Windows XP Home Edition x32 SP3

I have attached my LAST SESSION file to this reply.

LAST SESSION.INI

Can someone PLEASE HELP, I have searched on this site, but nothing seems to be working.

Also the line in the Unattended section, I have tried it with and without AutoActivate=Yes but nothing seems to be working.

Also, there is no IE8 or WMP11 integrated, I get the "Write operation was attempted to a volume after it was dismounted" error when testing using VirtualPC 2007 and using an old laptop too, I have tried it without the hotfixes, and just the SP3 and it works, its only after adding them it don't.

Can someone PLEASE HELP, I have searched on this site, but nothing seems to be working.

Also the line in the Unattended section, I have tried it with and without AutoActivate=Yes but nothing seems to be working.

"Nothing seems to be working" is quite a poor problem description. Please be more descriptive. Is that "AutoActivate" line entered manually ? If yes, what is it supposed to do ?

Don't add updates for components that are not included (IE8)