crashes in VM

dilar

:hello: Ok, so after building my ISO with nlite, I came across this error:

"The following value in the .SIF file used by Setup is corrupted or missing:

Value 0 on the line in section [WinntDirectories] with key '.'

Setup cannot continue."

WTF? :whistle:

txtsetup.sif would be attached, but it's too large, and pasting it in makes my firefox crash. :unsure: i guess I could pm or email it?

Edit: nvm, I 7zipped it. It's attached

Tia,

Rick

TXTSETUP.7z

Edited by dilar

Did you integrate anything specific into your ISO? I verified your file against a default XP SP3 txtsetup.sif, and all of the stock Windows stuff was there - so I'm guessing something integrated (or I guess, perhaps, removed) is no longer referenced in the .sif file, causing the error. The fact that the key is "." rather than a file or folder name also hints at this as well.

Did you integrate anything specific into your ISO? I verified your file against a default XP SP3 txtsetup.sif, and all of the stock Windows stuff was there - so I'm guessing something integrated (or I guess, perhaps, removed) is no longer referenced in the .sif file, causing the error. The fact that the key is "." rather than a file or folder name also hints at this as well.

Well of course i integrated a whole bunch of new stuff, that's what makes this fun! :blink: So what, should I start over integrating one thing at a time? Cuz I didn't remove anything with nlite, just used it as an integrator. I thought about removing System Restore, but left it cuz I didn't want errors like this.... :wacko:

dilar, please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini and make sure you have not nLited your source more than once. You should always start with a fresh copy of your original CD's files/folders and do all you integration with one nLite session. Enjoy, John.