who tried vista sp2

macmanpapi

I have been using for about 3 hours and not to jump the gun, but it works just fine so far. the boot time the same but apps open up faster and my cpu does not seem to work as hard doing the same things as before , surfing playing music and downloading at the same time on a 2160 clocked to 2.4ghz a 2 gigs of ram with a 1950pro vid and a new 1.5 ter bite drive I just got. This is on a clean install of vista ultimate I did on Monday so that may also be helping me. the ram us is down about 15% too on a non-tweaked system at 43% with nothing open was at 60 on clean install , I will say on first boot my core usage was at 100% for like 10 min I went and made a turkey sand and came back and it was at 0 on both cores . And has not gone above 20 yet, lol I think they got something right folks. I would not be afraid to try on a clean install. As that is what I can talk about. But I never had any of the issues with vista that I have seen on the net besides it being a resorce hog. Lol well good luck to all those that are brave enough to try!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:hello:

Edited by macmanpapi

no its not faster.

its also a beta, so don't come crying when you find issues with it.

p.s. paragraphs are your friend. i only read the title as will most people responding to your question.

Who said I would have been doing just fine, besides I have Mac 10.5.5 install on another drive and we all know that won’t break lol!!!! Grow some ball's like :whistle: I’m a fool that was not a duh smart enough to make a back up first lol. As I said clean install, not faster that’s semantics or should I stick to small words for you, play nice and so will I ps the load time of most programs did speed up and rams usage is down might explain that or something other reason that’s why I’m posting please post concerning this not rants cause as iv said I love vista too lol

Macmanpapi :thumbup

Does anyone has these issues after installing vista sp2 beta on a clean install vista sp1:

the network devices - marvell ethernet controller and the intel pro/wireless network device

shows up as removable devices and also gets listed in safely removal hardware icons.

this happens irrespective of whether drivers installed or not, its gets listed in removal devices.

I have a integrated via rine 2 chipset and it show up as normal

dose your network connection still work

and dose it disconnect when you saftly remove it as hardware

my old sata hard drive use too show up there though

Edited by macmanpapi

I have a integrated via rine 2 chipset and it show up as normal

dose your network connection still work

and dose it disconnect when you saftly remove it as hardware

my old sata hard drive use too show up there though

yes it works fine and also gets disconnect when using safely remove hardware icon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Manju.

Re: Marvell Ethernet Controller showing up as a Removable Device.

I noticed the same thing as soon as I installed SP2. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to hardware, but I'm guessing that the network card/chip is somehow connected to the motherboard via a USB connector. Someday I'll look inside and see if I can see where it connects.

I am also guessing that SP2 is just more picky when checking out the motherboard hardware, whereas SP1 probably ignored the kind of connection the ethernet controller had with the board.

In any case, I gave up trying to find a system solution, and instead used a third party utility to remove the icon from the notification area.

• 1 month later...