MU is showing updates that are already installed

Hello,

I am working on my unattended disk and integrating all updates, but am having problems with two of them...

After installing Windows, MU shows that I need KB956391 and KB951376 even though my Add or Remove Programs page shows they are already installed...

Attached is a screen-shot showing the problem...

Any ideas...?

Thanks,

-db

post-218660-1228403469_thumb.png

Are you doing direct integration, or you are installing updates at t-13 stage using switches? If you are using second mentioned way then that is a problem. You need to install that two hotfixes at first logon, because some keys are overwritten during Windows installation and because of that MU complains.

Cheers ;)

KB951376 updates bthport.sys, but Windows doesn't copy it to the drivers folder unless you have bluetooth devices, and so it sees the missing file and thinks the hotfix isn't installed. Driver.cab should have the updated file but it doesn't check driver.cab. nLite has a fix for KB951376.

Hello,

I am using the direct integration method by running the following script before I make an .ISO file...

c:\updates\WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe /overwriteoem /nobackup /integrate:C:\XP-CD

Should this be updating the file you talked about...?

Thanks,

-db