system unable to start after the vista logo

lansing

Here's my exact situation.

one of my gpu's capacitor leaked a while ago, I haven't pay much attention to it before the second capacitor also leaked a few days ago. The affect on the system is very noticeable as all the programs hang on every 2 seconds or so.

And the after a reboot, my system hang on the checking nvram process, I thought it might be caused by the gpu, then I brought a new one and replace it today. However the problem still insist, I then switch the jumpers around to reset CMOS, and load the default value when ask after the boot, and then everything seems to work out until it hits the vista logo loading screen, it just loads forever without any response. I tried to load it in safe mode, but its has stopped when it's loading the file "crcdisk.sys".

I've tried the "repair windows from startup" option in the vista installation disk, but nothing changed.

What can be the cause and solution for this problem?

By you ignoring the GLARING fact that something was seriously wrong (The first capacitor "leaking") You have now most likely fried yet another part of your components or you power supply is going bad.

You should never, ever use a part that has partially blown.

Are there any MAJOR differences in the card types? i.e. one was nVidia and the new one is ATI?

If you have a secondary PC I would grab an old XP or 2003 disk and make a "Ultimate boot cd for windows" http://www.ubcd4win.com/ and then recover what data you need and try to start all over with a fresh installation. Pray that that works.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

the old gpu is Gefore 7600GT, the new one is Gefore 8600GTS, so shouldn't have any problem. I think the problem might be some registry issues, but well, since I can't even get into Windows, I think I'll have to settled with installing a new one then.