"c:\windows" with 7,5 gig size from vlite installation?

dunibluni

Hello Guys,

im very confused about my vlite Vista 64 Ulitmate installation. With vlite i drecreased the Size/Iso-size to 2,5 gig.

But after i installed Vista with this "vlite-vista", the c:\windows directory shows me the size of 7,5 gig!!!

The partitionfile is at another harddisk and i have no update downloaded.

Also very mysterious is the fact that the explorer show me the used space of "c:\" only with 6.3 Gig!?

What is going wrong there????

Edited by dunibluni

It's most likely your winsxs folder. that folder will show a huge size because the files in that folder are actually not in that folder but elsewhere. it doesn't really mean you have that much data.

there was a microsoft blog recently explaining that i don't remember where. you can google for an explanation of the winsxs folder, so sit tight and don't worry.

yes, youre right. the winsxs folder has 4,5 gig!

ist there a way to decrease it?

In vlite theres an option to "disable the winsxs" (or an other wording). In the explanation its said that no new hotfixes can be added then.

Is this an option to decrease the size? Runs windows without stable? I dont want to inegrate hotfixes.....the only thing what i want is to update via service pack 2 when released. is this with this option (disable winsxs in vlite) possible?

Edited by dunibluni