Active Directory

robd

My OS is Windows 2003 which I use as my primary box.

I decided to set up AD and play around with it to learn but then removed it and unfortunately all my profile and browser settings were deleted. Unfortunately I had not backed up Firefox with the nifty extensions [FEBE, OPIE, CLEO]. My desktop settings are negligible.

The user folder is still present from the domain, Administrator.<computer name>, but just contains remnants and no usable data and is not listed as a user account anymore.

That doesn't make sense if you promote your box to a DC then remove AD it then hoses the user account.

Any comments. Lesson learned.

When you promote a Member Server to a Domain Controller, it will certainly delete any local user accounts, except the local administrator, that account should remain intact regardless of whether you promote or demote. :wacko:

Don't get mixed up like I did! I did this awhile back and found out something interesting. That account that is Administrator.computername is actually the account you are using now, not the old account! The old account is the regular Administrator.