No unattended install for WinzipSE

Bruce Darby

Just wanted to get folks opinion on this topic. I'm not sure how many of us actually use WinzipSE, but I asked Winzip if they had a way to do a silent install and their reply was to the effect of...

We at WinZip Computing occasionally receive this request. However, to date we have not received enough user requests to warrant adding this to the program. I will forward your vote for this feature to development.

Thanks.

the following autoit script installs winzipse from c:\winzipse\wzipse31.exe. At least it gets you to the point where it tells you that in the full version you dont get this window. I suppose you will have to add one more send for whatever button you want when it executes.

run ("c:\winzipse\wzipse31.exe")

winwaitactive ("WinZip Self-Extractor 3.1 Setup")

send ("s")

winwaitactive ("WinZip Self-Extractor Setup")

send ("{enter}")

winwaitactive ("License Agreement and Warranty Disclaimer")

send ("{tab}")

sleep ("2")

send ("{enter}")

WinWaitActive ("WinZip Self-Extractor")

send ("{enter}")

winwaitactive ("WinZip Self-Extractor Setup")

send ("{enter}")

Edited by iamtheky

the following autoit script installs winzipse from c:\winzipse\wzipse31.exe. At least it gets you to the point where it tells you that in the full version you dont get this window. I suppose you will have to add one more send for whatever button you want when it executes.

Thanks for the script. I knew AutoIT is out there. A year or so ago I actually built a little script with it. My intent was in hope of finding out how much support there was for requesting a feature be added by the manufacturers for a silent install. :thumbup Thanks for the script. It will definitley save me some time.