Windows 2008 + Altiris

Hey All -

I am working on getting Windows 2008 Automated so I am getting familiar the night and day differences in Unattend.txt and unattend.xml using WSIM.

My question is, we use Altiris Deployment Solution with Altiris Notification Server configured with regionalized Package Servers to distribute software based on AD Sites and Subnets.

So, in the past we determine the local package server and then pull the installation files from the local repository. With the old Windows unattended installation it didn't care where the install was from.

But with the new unattend.xml, I am not 100% how that works. I see traces of the Install.wim file location. If that is the case I need to dynamically update this file.

Any help on where I can locate the source files and update the xml file would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I also haven't had any experience deploying any version of Windows beyond XP with ADS. I am probably not entirely getting your request. Your Install source files should be in the Distribution Share you set up.

Am I to guess you do not have a Support Agreement with Altiris. I understand they can be expensive. Have you tried contacting your tech rep there (if you have the SA that is) about this to see if they have any leads?