Category Sort Order

A couple of people have stated that the Category Sort Order box is blank. None of my beta testers have said that. if you have this problem, post what theme you are using, a screen shot, and your options.js and config.js, so I can see how isolated this issue is.

Only one category is showing up in the category sort order box. The rest never do, but it's not entirely empty either.

I just thought I had fixed it by the way, but I guess I didn't. I had just specified them manually in the useroptions.js file and then it worked... until I clicked save in the options window anyway.

I'm using the Leopard theme (unmodified at the moment). Here's one of my config.js files and my useroptions.js

Also, very unrelated, but maybe you know why...

I had a problem running this command: "%wpipath%\Install\CodecsRuntimes\Java6u11.exe -ai" <-- RogueSpear's installer

I checked the path like 8 million times. It's right. It installs fine when I do roughly the same command in a command prompt or call an AutoIT script in WPI to install it instead, but WPI always says the command fails. When I downloaded Kels's installer it worked fine, using the same command minus the "-ai". Not sure what happened. Do you know?

config.js

useroptions.js

I don't know what happened, but your SortOrder array in useroptions.js is not saved correctly. I went back to WPI 6.5 and checked.

You have this

SortOrder=['System,Spyware Protection,Applications,Codecs/Runtimes/Media,Office,Optional'];

It should be like this

SortOrder=['System','Spyware Protection','Applications','Codecs/Runtimes/Media','Office','Optional'];

I don't know if you editted by hand or what, but it has always been that way. Just put everything in their own quotes and it will be fine.

I will make a built-in fix for it later.

BTW, Configurations array should be the same way. Don't put any spaces after the commas, either.

Config1,Config2,Config3,Config4

Thanks Kel. I'll try that when I'm at work again. Seems strange though, cause I had the switches inside my quotes before and it always worked fine.

I never edited the useroptions.js manually until yesterday, so I don't think it converted correctly. I'll give that a shot. Thanks again mritter, and good job to both of you on this version. It's the best yet.

Just an FYI.

My useroptions.js:

// General tab

Configurations=[''];

ShowMultiDefault=true;

CheckOnLoad='none';

NumCols=3;

// ---

SortOrder=[''];

// ---

Timer=false;

Seconds=60;

StartBeepAtSecs=10;

// ---

............................. The Rest not shown

I have 7 Different Catagories

I have never edited useroptions.js manually

I just setup my Apps in WPI

I am using the default Theme "Windows"

Categories show up correct in Interface but no option to Manually Sort in Options (Blank)

WPI v7.2.0

In testing, Categories propagate changes in the config.js but not in useroptions.js

All other User Options appear to save correctly

I have same issue with other Themes

Edited by gadgetfl

Now that you have shown me that and said you never set the order, then technically, it is correct to not show the order. BUT, that was because there used to be a drop down box where you picked items, they got inserted in a text box. Now with the grid I ASSUMED everyone set at least some sort of order. Guess not. At least now I kow what the culprit is.