post_$oem$ pompt me to restart and sort of does not work?

hi,

I use WPI v7.2.0

here is my cmdlines.txt

[Commands]
"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nLite.inf,U"
"regedit /s reg_performance.reg"
"regedit /s keys.reg"
"cleanup.cmd"
"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection RunWPI.inf,,1,N"

and I use the "RunWPI.inf"

here;

;###################################################################
;#### The post install starter for WPI designed by: ricktendo64 ####
;#### Used for Windows 2000, XP and 2003... ####
;###################################################################

[Version]
Signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=Run.AddReg

[Run.AddReg]
HKLM,"%RUN%","%WPI%",,"RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection ""%01%\%INF%"",Execute"

[Execute]
AddReg = OfficeFix
RunPreSetupCommands = Launch.WPI:1
DelReg = Run.DelReg

[officefix]
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main","Disable Script Debugger",0x0,"no"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main","DisableScriptDebuggerIE",0x0,"no"

[Launch.WPI]
CMD /Q /C CD /D """%01%\..\WPI""" & START /WAIT /B WPI.hta

[Run.DelReg]
HKLM,"%RUN%","%WPI%"

[Strings]
RUN="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RUN"
WPI="Windows Post Install"
INF="RunWPI.inf"

after desktop loaded, before WPI loading there is a prompt window appear and say "Advanced .inf install is completed, would you like to restart to new setting etc.." how can I be-aware this?

and another issue;

my programs are not sort of number..cause I add some of them after.for example I add a program and I gave it number 15, it should be last install in normally but installing firstly :S

mritter got the whole "ie debugger" fix built in now.

(Which would make all of this redundant :o )

As for issue #2:

IF and I say IF I am getting you right the ordering only works if you have the proper options set and then the ones with numbers install FIRST and the rest install alphabetically afther that...

Deselect "Install by Category" for install by number to work..

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

oh I understand :blushing: you want to say something mystery as for me but I couldn't understand..I think I may check my setting or what?is it explain on somewhere :wacko: I like your waggish sides :rolleyes: but really I don't understand how to fix it.. :ph34r:

ok I check read me again.but if I couldn't find, will you say? :whistle:

I try something..

-I search @mritter's post on forum but couldn't find an explain

-I checked option that load desktop before installation starts and put RunWPI_Zune.exe my $OEM$..but Nlite and WPI load at same time again.and when I hit to install button WPI closed suddenly.

-just post_$oem$ does have prompt issue

what would be the next try?

added:first sentence

Edited by ZEUS__

Zeus, are you saying that you want WPI to run before the desktop loads? I am having an issue with this as the old WPI would run this way and the new version will not (for me). No matter if I check the box or uncheck it, the desktop always loads while WPI starts up. I had to go back to the older version to make it work until a fix is found. If this is happening to you, we need to figure out what is going on, as we are the only ones having this problem.

Edited by gospeed

OK I just started a fresh "Virgin" XP w\sp3 install and I have RunWPI_Zune as my WPI starter file.

I will select 2 or more office products and post the results here...

Test #1 I can confirm the desktop is loading during the wpi process...

Office and the office install process was FUBAR!!! <-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FUBAR I got the installer crashing in the middle of the process and then a "Only 1 instance of setup may be run at a time"

ON to test 2 now...

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

@gospeed yes I think we have the same issue..

I write all the story for clarify it.sorry cause my english, sometimes I couldn't explain what the really happened..

I used to WPI v6.3 for my old dvd and it's very good on these steps..;

after install xp, with restart, WPI begin to work and there is nothing on desktop..just opens WPI and I select my programs, they installed first and then desktop loads with Nlite's custom tweak that a little window showing left-top on the window..

but on my new dvd, I follow the same steps as same as my first post also used with WPI v6.3..but the resultsand steps here;

after install xp, with restart, WPI begins to work and also desktop begins to load at same time with Nlite's custom tweak(with little window left-top).It came to focus top on WPI..I don't understand how I controll it :S

I curious why this happens that when I follow the same steps..I try it with RunWPI_Zune.exe and RunWPI.exe..

and some try with option that load desktop before installation also, carriied to row RunWPI_Zune.exe top of cmdlines.txt :huh: but that is not my wish..

I wish the same install with WPI v6.3

edit:added some words for clarify

Edited by ZEUS__

[Version]
Signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=Run.AddReg

[Run.AddReg]
HKLM,"%RUN%","%WPI%",,"RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection ""%01%\%INF%"",Execute"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main","Disable Script Debugger",0x0,"no"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main","DisableScriptDebuggerIE",0x0,"no"

[Execute]
RunPreSetupCommands = Launch.WPI:1
DelReg = Run.DelReg

[Launch.WPI]
CMD /Q /C CD /D """%01%\..\WPI""" & START /WAIT /B WPI.hta

[Run.DelReg]
HKLM,"%RUN%","%WPI%"

[Strings]
RUN="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RUN"
WPI="Windows Post Install"
INF="RunWPI.inf"

This fixes the office problem (Again) sigh... I just had 2 seccesfull runs with full office, all fixes and sharepoint designer. This was previously giving install errors.

As for the timeing we need to wait for mritter to help on that one.

The built-in debugger fix only works if run from desktop/network share. It does NOT work from a fresh Window's install from DVD. You have to use the reg-keys for that. They must be changed before WPI is started.

GoSpeed, you didn't send me your WPI launcher code, I wanted to look at that. It's nothing to do with the WPI code. If you are not using the above Office regkey tweaks then that is why WPI is not waiting before loading desktop.

When run from Desktop/network, WPI starts, checks the 2 keys, changes them if needed, quits, restarts, does it's thing, puts keys back to original state, quits.

When run after a Window's install, WPI starts, checks the 2 keys, changes them if needed, quits, DESKTOP STARTS TO LOAD, wpi restarts, does it's thing WHILE desktop is loading, puts keys back, quits.

GoSpeed, you didn't send me your WPI launcher code, I wanted to look at that. It's nothing to do with the WPI code.

I am using this cmdlines:

[COMMANDS]
RunWPI.exe

and the runwpi.exe to call wpi. I am not using any other launcher. It is version 1.4.0.0

Not sure if that helps, but this same issue was verified by Kelsenellenelvian unless I am misunderstanding his post. The only thing I am changing is just the WPI folder, nothing else.

The way I need it to work is as before, where WPI starts first, allows you to install everything, forces a shutdown, and then once windows restarts, the desktop is allowed to load. I have that functionality in the old version that I am currently using, but it has the .xml error.

Edited by gospeed