VMWare Unattended and Avast

Sgt. D. Pilla

Hey Lads,

I've been on this for a long time now, I can't find out how to get Avast to silently install, so help on that would be great!

And After following VMWares 'offical' how-to to silently install VMWare Workstation and VMWare Server, I was unable to get it to work.

The installers seem to run, but never install.

Is someone able to provide me with their silent install switches for these programs aswell?

Much Appriciated Guys!

-install Avast! Pro the way you like

-configure it the way you like

-Launch it by clicking right mouse bouton on the systray icon, and choosing "Start Avast!" (not by double clicking the icon, this would open another window)

-Click the uper-left icon of the window and select "Go to advanced gui"

-Now, on the advanced gui, click on File, and the "Create silent installation"

This will create 2 or 3 files: a .xml and .ini files, and a .dat if you protect avast with a password (this would be your password encoded in the files)

-Copy those 2 or 3 files in the same directory as the setup file.

-Run the setup file, without any parameters. This should install it silently

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Avast Antivirus 4" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\avast4\setupengpro.exe" /f

After following VMWares 'offical' how-to to silently install VMWare Workstation and VMWare Server, I was unable to get it to work.

Run the installer downloaded from VMware site, and after first screen goto temp folder

and copy from there the folder which contain uncompressed files (cabs and msi).

Run with next command:

"VMware Workstation.msi" /qb! /norestart ADDLOCAL=ALL DISABLE_AUTORUN=0 QUICKLAUNCH_SHORTCUT=0 USERNAME="Your Name" COMPANYNAME="Your Company Name" SERIALNUMBER="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

Edited by radix

Thanks Guys!

Im currently doing the avast! install which meant I had to obtain Avast Pro, Once I've confirmed thats working I'll try VmWare again.

Hey, rick, Why do you say x86 Only?

VMWare works fine on x64, Is it something to do with your packaging that restricts it to x86?

Yes I edit the installer to slim it down from 500 MB to 65, I remove all x64 stuff but you can create your own admin install and use the addon builder to construct your silent switch addon if you dont want nothing removed

More info

Edited by ricktendo64