Power Management Settings - Multiple Hardware Issue

Hi,

My work has now moved vendor for its hardware. The problem I have is that now we have two types of hardware my OSD image requires updating.

Everything works fine (SATA working , thanks to article from this forum ) other that an issue with the USB Root Hub - Power Management Settings.

What I was hoping for is a reg setting to disbale the "USB Root Hub - Power Management Settings - allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. i.e uncheck this box accross multiple hardware machines.

I would then be able to apply this as reg fix as a post install through OSD , so it shouldn't matter on the make of machine / hardware type.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

What I was hoping for is a reg setting to disbale the "USB Root Hub - Power Management Settings - allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. i.e uncheck this box accross multiple hardware machines.

I would then be able to apply this as reg fix as a post install through OSD , so it shouldn't matter on the make of machine / hardware type.

Since this is a registry tweak, I suggest u try monitor thru Regshot Unicode

A quick check reveal my test m/c (XP) registry key is at

HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}\0003\HcDisableSelectiveSuspend: 0x00000001

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}\0003\HcDisableSelectiveSuspend: 0x00000001

Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." will create these 2 keys on my own test m/c. I'm unsure it is standard or m/c dependant.

Since this is a registry tweak, I suggest u try monitor thru Regshot Unicode

A quick check reveal my test m/c (XP) registry key is at

HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}\0003\HcDisableSelectiveSuspend: 0x00000001

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}\0003\HcDisableSelectiveSuspend: 0x00000001

Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." will create these 2 keys on my own test m/c. I'm unsure it is standard or m/c dependant.

Thanks for the reply. Not used that reg tool before, very handy. Been trying with regmon but to much info in logs. Just need to test on a few other machines but they all look the same other than some going from 0000 to 0007.

Cheers