Openening my "Computer" causes extreme lag

hansen_dk

Hey guys.

I have a big problem. Whenever i open my "Computer" icon on my desktop it opens an explorer window, that shows me absolutely nothing but a white blank screen

post-3318-1227374009_thumb.jpg

After a while (1-2 minutes) it shows my harddrives and is normal. If i close it down and open it aggain, it will do that exact same thing.

However, if I access shortcuts that links directly to a harddrive, cd-drive whatever, there is no problems at all and they open up right away. It's ONLY when I try to access "Computer".

Im using a HP 8710w laptop, but I'm sure this is something OS related, since it also happened sometimes on my older HP laptop.

Hope you guys can help, else I dont know where to turn

Update

I used Resourcesurveillance to further investigate and this is what i found when opening my "Computer":

post-3318-1227436993_thumb.jpg

Update

This problem is now solved.

I checked safe mode, no problem. Then safe mode with networking, still problem. This lead me to think it was network related. I found out that if I disabled my WLAN the problem would disappear. I then tried to uninstall my network drives, and the problem is gone. I have reinstallated network drives and everything works now.

Just wanted to share the info and thank for the replies.

Edited by hansen_dk

Does the problem happen in safe mode?

No the problem does no occur in safe mode. However if I boot up in Safe Mode with Networking the problem will occur again. This would indicate that the it is a network problem?

I do have Network drives added that I use at work, but it used to work perfect..

I have now narrowed it down to my wireless network. When I disable WLAN card everything works beautifull. Using newest drivers :<

UPDATE

Disabling WLAN is not neccessary. Problem goes away even if I just disconnect the wlan connection.

Edited by hansen_dk