x64 Vista Ultimate Default email selection

Solace

I recently installed Vista ultimate Vlited down and noticed theres no option to set the default email program. after downloading a tool called RegisterHotmail.exe i managed to create the hotmail into the default program area. allthough when i click on the shortcut it tells me it may have been moved renamed etc... and asks if i want to remove the icon instead of opening hot mail in either firefox or ie7. I believe its just not opening the shortcut link and i would liek to know if im missing a registry setting somewhere for the shortcut needs to be put in place somewhere.

no i do not believe i kept anything to do with that new mail client. considering all im trying to accomplish is a shortcut in startmenu to www.hotmail.com why would i need anything more then a simple reg entry and the file located somewhere...

no one can tell me what files/registry entries are needed to make this work? i have the registry entries in place with the hotmail register program but it tells me the file is missing still so theres a shorcut somewhere missing for this to work. not sure what and where...