[Tool] NAR - Nero Application Remover

x-Shadow-x

On line 22 to the end, it can not install file associations. It also errors with unit_app_4, unit_app_6 and unit_app_15. As you said, you used an earlier version of the tool. Have you cleaned files/registry with nero's General Cleaning Tool? If not, that might be your problem. Could you tell me what apps/languages you removed. I will see if I can replicate the error.

Shadow

Edited by x-Shadow-x

@ x-Shadow-x, file associations is another matter :wacko: And a major job even if you only install nero burning rom and nothing else all nero file associations are there even though its' just nero that is installed.

Hi again. I have the same problem. When the percent of the instalation come until 68, the program allows me a windows with an error and then, close. Why? ¬¬

Regards!

Edited by lucho667

Yes, i used the BETA version. Right now, i have an another problem xDD, when i select the "Customize installation" doesn't appear any program in the list xDD. What can i do??

I attach the image of error in this post. :)

This package contains Nero Express, Nero Burning ROM and Nero Recode.

Regards!

post-110392-1231597455_thumb.png

Edited by lucho667

Yes, i used the BETA version. Right now, i have an another problem xDD, when i select the "Customize installation" doesn't appear any program in the list xDD. What can i do??

I attach the image of error in this post. :)

This package contains Nero Express, Nero Burning ROM and Nero Recode.

Regards!

@x-shadow-x

The exactly the same thing happened to me. That's why I stopped trying to build a silent installer using NAR. I thought I was the only one having problems, not seeing anyone else confronting with this issue, so I didn't say anything.

I used Nero 9.2.6 straight from ahead ftp.

Another thing. At one point I was able to build a silent installer, and I could see that components list, but after just selecting nero, the installation hanged.

So something is definitely wrong with your app.

Edited by atolica

brilliant tools x Shadow X! i used them both although i found the Extract tool didn't work for me, it kept giving me a pop up error, however i noted you said you could use 7zip so i did and that worked fine. i've "slimmed" down my nero 9 virtually everything except Nero Express (i'm assuming you can't strip out Nero Burning ROM). but that still comes out at around 141MB i'm using Nero 9.0.9.9b by the way. what do you do to make the installation footprint less than 70Mb?

Thanks mate. What would the popup error be? Maybe I can fix it. The footprint was less then 70 when I used 7z for the SFX. 7z SFX doesnt work for this though, it runs setupx.exe and prematurely deletes the files.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

i can't remember what the popup said as i then went on to install 7zip. incidentally since installing7zip and then trying out your guide to drag the nero 9.exe over to extract.exe, a 7zip dialogue pops up with a progress meter indicating it's extracting, however at the end, there's no folder created with extracted files inside. what (seems to*) work for me is separately installing 7zip then extracting the nero executable into a folder then running your tool. so far with just nero express left in - everything else removed - the SFX is 140Mb

*haven't run the SFX as i already have a copy of nero 9 installed. but have checked the archive and seems to be ok.