[Tool] NAR - Nero Application Remover

x-Shadow-x

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem as someone I just read on the first page; when run, SetupX.exe and a few other processes launch in Task Manager, but after a short period nothing gets installed. Since it turns to an SFX archive with an .exe extension, I used the start /wait command and got to the above described result. Any help?

As to the other features of the software, it works great!

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

WTF is going on with this?? it takes the 370MB Nero Installer file and INCREASES it to 956MB AFTER taking things out!!!

Also, when double clicking the created Nero.exe rar-ed file, i get the "Windows cannot find Setupx.exe. Make sure you have typed the name correctly etc... flip this, i will use my own methods to install it, at least then Ill know whats being added & what isnt!!!

• 2 weeks later...
WTF is going on with this?? it takes the 370MB Nero Installer file and INCREASES it to 956MB AFTER taking things out!!!

Also, when double clicking the created Nero.exe rar-ed file, i get the "Windows cannot find Setupx.exe. Make sure you have typed the name correctly etc... flip this, i will use my own methods to install it, at least then Ill know whats being added & what isnt!!!

Looks like it isn't compressing it. As I said, Nero has a s***ty installer, I have had no time to work on NAR, so there are lots of bugs. If it doesn't work for you, too bad. Like I said in a few posts above, I will be making a new NAR, WHEN I HAVE TIME, so people stop PM'ing me about this.

topic locked by OP request

Note by CoffeeFiend (too lazy to unlock, post, relock -- sorry!):

You can also do it manually as shown in this post if the tool doesn't work for you. It's pretty quick and simple.

Edited by CoffeeFiend
Added reminder about manual editing/alternative method