[Tool] NAR - Nero Application Remover

x-Shadow-x

But honestly, I don't understand why one would still stick with Nero. Both InfraRecorder and CDBurnerXP are mature enough as alternatives. No hassle installing, very small size, very intuitive interface like Nero Burning Rom. And with the same features.

I have tested a LOT of burning apps and I can say that none comes closer to Nero (for the average user, anyway).

- CDBurnerXP has quite some of bugs and needs the .NET Framework.

- ImgBurn doesn't support multisession, doesn't have an intuitive way to make audio CD's

- Ashampoo Burning Studio, both free and commercial versions have problems with *RW discs

- CDRecord (or CDRKit) based apps (InfraRecorder, CDRTFE etc.) don't recognize a lot of drives

Currently, I am using CDBurnerXP.

Not on topic but BurnAware Free works very well. Not to replace nero/roxio but it is very capable.

BurnAware/ImgBurn combo is great. For DVD authoring, there many more alternatives.

I will make a test with cmdow to see if i can repack nero with 7sfx.

And with the same features.

Not quite! Those 2 only seem to concentrate on data disc burning (which is admittedly the main part of what I do), and for this imgburn works even better IMO. imgburn has a couple shortcomings (e.g. no blu-ray support & no lightscribe). Also, some options are a bit "out of the way" so most people don't find them (like in the "Build" mode, "Advanced" tab, there's a "Bootable Disc" sub-tab nicely hidden quite deep; or how you have to create a cue sheet first to burn an audio cd -- not intuitive for most!)

Nero will do all this and WAY more... From authoring DVD stuff, reencoding videos, reencoding audio, CDs and DVDs of all kinds (bootable, mixed, audio, etc), has a movie player, will encode (and do basic editing of) videos in H.264, burns to Blu-Ray discs, does lightscribe, has a sound editor, a cover editor, and all kinds of other stuff. Others are still mostly playing catch-up with say, Nero 4 in terms of features (burns basic data discs and little more).

imgburn handles 95% of my burning needs these days (and at 8MB, it's a LOT smaller than any recent version of Nero, stripped or not). It'll probably get Blu-Ray support soon too.

That answer would be true 2 years ago, I sticked with Nero back then. Now I choose Infrarecorder cos it does everything I need from a burning program. You should check out the feature list. Audiocd, mp3/ogg/flac/aac whatever support. Mixed mode. boot cd.

I don't know about bluray, but reencoding is not a task I want to do with my burning app. Handbrake and Staxrip are much better for that. Also movie player and movie editing.. from your burning app :wacko: but if thats what you want infrarecorder is definitely not the right choice.

Now I choose Infrarecorder cos it does everything I need from a burning program.

Everything *YOU* need from it, isn't the same as it doing EVERYTHING the other does! That's EXACTLY what I meant by "catching up with Nero 4" i.e. just got the basic burning stuff now (that's been in nero for like forever), and none of the other stuff (no matter if you actually want it or not).

That answer would be true 2 years ago

Sorry, but it still is.

Mind you, I don't use any of those features myself either, but I know a lot of people who do. Personally, I'm happy with ImgBurn for most things (InfraRecorder probably does less, and at best, does nothing extra I actually care for)

I really like what x-Shadow-x, is trying to do but i have tried at least 5 times all i want is nero burning program recode and nero vision and all i end up with is nero control centre. No one has mentioned what OS systems they are using im using vista sp1 ultimate.

But really for now i use ConvertXtoDVD UltraIso and for basic burning Cheetah DVD burner in total about 20MB in total not 300+ download for nero. I would use nero iv'e allways liked the basic interface of the burning rom part but come on we are gonna have to start doing DVD9 with unattended vista with hotfixes and software, think i will go back to XP :lol:

I've made three packages, one with express, one with express and recode, and another with express, recode and coverdesigner.

Using Vista Ultimate SP1 x86 and everything worked. However, when i used the earlier versions of NAR (without the integrated, SFX and language removers, i ended up with smaller files).

I found Nero-9.0.9.4_English_Lite on another site like this one and i downloaded it. but for some reason it is only 52,423kb in size, and it has nero burning rom, nero express and lots of others.. why wont this program get Nero that small

Ive installed this version and it works great, no problems on this end.

ScOOt3r

They probably repacked the CAB's and used a good compression method (instead of nero's version of compression, None).

Edit: Just compressed the cabs, Haven't compressed the dll,exe's in the cabs though, got a size of 78mb's (from 200mb's to 78).

Edit #2: Just downloaded it, Its such a small size because its been repacked. I could make a version like that, but it wouldn't be customizable. You get what you get. :}

If you want something like that, just post.

Edited by x-Shadow-x