[Tool] NAR - Nero Application Remover

x-Shadow-x

I started completely over again. Still failed. I tried to install it with setupx. Of course, that was manual install. It had my serial number correct. I got past that, and when it started installing, it failed halfway through. I then manually installed it from my CD. I thought something might be wrong with it. No problem. I give up. I might just do a repackager.

I also I give up, the installer works well if I install it manually, but in the WPI is not working properly After extraction the bar reaches 100% and closed the window installer WPI without knowing whether the program is installed and I do not understand why.

Thanks for your time and your tools x-Shadow-x

Greetings.

Edited by aranmalo

Dont put it into WPI until you have tested it on your computer first. Run the SFX and open the task manager, It will show it extracting, then the nero installer will open. Just remember, it takes a while to install too (15-20 min).

Edited by x-Shadow-x

Ah. Extract the nero installer, and run NAR, remove the stuff you want removed (Dont make an SFX of it). Then make a shortcut to setupx.exe. For parameters add.

/i SERIALNUMBER="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" EULAACCEPTED="1" INSTAPP="ALL"

And see if it installs.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

Very very nice, my compliments for creating such a good tool.

But honestly, I don't understand why one would still stick with Nero. Both InfraRecorder and CDBurnerXP are mature enough as alternatives. No hassle installing, very small size, very intuitive interface like Nero Burning Rom. And with the same features.

HowdyDoody

Clean your temp files, then run the buggered Nero installation until it fails. Then exit the installer. Go to the temp folder and open these sub folders "nro.log\log". Now, there will be 2 files, you are going to open up one at a time and search and replace your serial with "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" and save (For both files). Once you have done that. You can upload them to the site, or PM to me.

ZileXa

Thank you.

The reason people stick with Nero is because it is a tested program. People dont like using programs they never heard of.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

And with the same features.

Not quite! Those 2 only seem to concentrate on data disc burning (which is admittedly the main part of what I do), and for this imgburn works even better IMO. imgburn has a couple shortcomings (e.g. no blu-ray support & no lightscribe). Also, some options are a bit "out of the way" so most people don't find them (like in the "Build" mode, "Advanced" tab, there's a "Bootable Disc" sub-tab nicely hidden quite deep; or how you have to create a cue sheet first to burn an audio cd -- not intuitive for most!)

Nero will do all this and WAY more... From authoring DVD stuff, reencoding videos, reencoding audio, CDs and DVDs of all kinds (bootable, mixed, audio, etc), has a movie player, will encode (and do basic editing of) videos in H.264, burns to Blu-Ray discs, does lightscribe, has a sound editor, a cover editor, and all kinds of other stuff. Others are still mostly playing catch-up with say, Nero 4 in terms of features (burns basic data discs and little more).

imgburn handles 95% of my burning needs these days (and at 8MB, it's a LOT smaller than any recent version of Nero, stripped or not). It'll probably get Blu-Ray support soon too.

Edited by crahak