[Tool] NAR - Nero Application Remover

x-Shadow-x

Now that it is saved, you can run ether "Large Build.bat" or "Small Build.bat". "Large Build.bat" will take less time to make, but the SFX in the end will be larger then if you use "Small Build.bat". It will take a while to compress (depending on how many applications you removed and if you used Large Build or Small Build). Once it has compressed, it is ready.

Hi bro, good work on this. it makes every1 easier to slim down the bloated installer ;)

I'm curious on the Small Build and Large Build batch files. Both uses the same 7zip compression level, therefore it shouldn't make any huge difference in size. The only command that is taking extreme long time is UPX, and that only compresses the SFX stub, not the actual compressed file. Just my 2c ;)

I downloaded chm files and updated the cabs with them, I also removed all the non english languages and edited the MSI installers to remove any langs from the installer too using installshield (also removed windows installer, dx redist and other misc stuff too)

I got a pretty small Nero 9 install now thanks x-Shadow-x

hi rick, care to share your method in removing those extra stuffs (e.g editing MSI installers, windows installers, dx redist, etc.)??

BTW, how small is your Nero 9 installer now? :)

Thanks guys!

Edited by cybpsych

Hi cybpsych, NAR 1.1 removes all of the un needed stuff (e.g dx redist, windows installer 3.1, vcredist and ASK toolbar, ect.).

I have gotten my installer to around 63MB's.

NAR stands for Nero Application Remover.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

This isn't working for me I've made three different packages. One with only Nero and Nero Express, other with those and CoverDesigner and another with all the latter plus Recode.

The SFX extract the files, setupX launches, works for a while in the background but nothing gets intalled.

I even created the SFX manually, witht the same result.

Try not making a 7zip sfx and see if it works by running SetupX.exe with the switches while extracted, if it works that means that 7zip did not wait for SetupX to complete install and prematurely deleted the temp extracted files

Edited by ricktendo64

Yes, what rick says sounds true. It works fine for me.

boooggy, I will implement NAR-LR into NAR sometime this week, I need to find time.

There are acouple problems with NAR-LR, im trying to fix them. Will post update soon.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

nero 9 hijack all file association.....

I suspected Nero did this but not sure, something hijacked my jpg, bmp and png extensions (i removed Nero PhotoCrap BTW)

Was not sure it was Nero 9 but it could be

Edited by ricktendo64

Try not making a 7zip sfx and see if it works by running SetupX.exe with the switches while extracted, if it works that means that 7zip did not wait for SetupX to complete install and prematurely deleted the temp extracted files

It was 7-Zip SFX module fault. I repackaged my install using WinRAR and it installed without problems.

OK I been thinking and this could probably be solved with one or a combination of both these config.txt's:

Will extract files to "%temp%\nero9tmp" and may prevent files from beeing deleted prematurely (will not solve the issue of 7zip sfx module waiting for SetupX to finish)

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
InstallPath="\"%temp%\\nero9tmp\""
RunProgram="Setupx.exe /i /q SERIALNUMBER=\"serial\" EULAACCEPTED=\"1\" INSTAPP=\"ALL\""
;!@InstallEnd@!

Or use cmd.exe to do START /WAIT

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c start /wait /b \"%%T\\Setupx.exe\" /i /q SERIALNUMBER=\"serial\" EULAACCEPTED=\"1\" INSTAPP=\"ALL\""
;!@InstallEnd@!

%%T = full extraction path (7zSD_EN.chm)

Edited by ricktendo64