Optima 4GB Memory Stick

frogman

I was helped today with a mouse problem on here and I am happy to say that it has been fixed all due to this great forum.

However I have another small question to ask, and that is how do I get my Optima 4 GB memory stick to work on my Windows 98 S.E computer.

I was given an Optima web site, but the driver I downloaded didn't make the stick work.

I do have a stick that works, but the storage size is only 64KB which is far too small, but I had a CD with the driver on it for that, so that is why it probably works, I just want to get the Optima stick to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Edited by frogman

instead of downloading and installing individual drivers for every usb drive you have you should use this

http://www.msfn.org/board/Maximum-Decim-Na...USB-t43605.html

which provides generic drivers for 98SE

Thanks, but it looks slightly complicated as I don't know which one of those links to use, as there are a few after the first link you gave here. and I would be afraid of removing stuff beforehand.

Edited by frogman

Thanks, but it looks slightly complicated as I don't know which one of those links to use, as there are a few after the first link you gave here. and I would be afraid of removing stuff beforehand.

Just use the first link for version 3.3 English - unless you want Russian, then you can use the second link.

I'm using 3.3 and it works well.

The other links are previous releases for anyone who might be troubleshooting and so on.

Also, you can look at this post (#407) for download mirrors and additional languages: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...st&p=715699

Edited by RetroOS

Just use the first link for version 3.3 English - unless you want Russian, then you can use the second link.

I'm using 3.3 and it works well.

The other links are previous releases for anyone who might be troubleshooting and so on.

Also, you can look at this post (#407) for download mirrors and additional languages: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...st&p=715699

Thanks, but did you have to remove any USB controllers and such like first?

Thanks, but did you have to remove any USB controllers and such like first?
Before you get going make a good backup of your system (at least of \Windows\ and \Program Files\) and keep it for 3 months. This is a system update, not just a driver installation, without a backup it is difficult to go back where your system was before the installation of nusb.

I am using a USB WLAN stick, and followed the instructions and uninstalled Orangeware. BTW could someone explain how exactly Orangeware can be uninstalled? I just renamed all files/directories of Orangeware and removed USB controllers from Device Manager, but are there still entries related to Orangeware left behind in the registry? Is there an uninstaller for Orangeware?

After removing Orangeware I got scared, when the Internet and local network access were gone, so I quickly restored my system backup.

nusb 3.3 worked fine on my machine WITHOUT uninstalling the Orangeware USB controller and hub driver. You should uninstall, however, all your USB mass storage device drivers (e.g. ext.HDD, ext.CD/DVD, other sticks/ card readers, camera, mp3 player) before installing nusb.

Edited by Multibooter