WINPE Builder 1.0

natdog1984

1. Download Windows VISTA WAIK(windows automated instruction kit) from Microsoft

2. Install Windows VISTA WAIK, NOTE: ACCEPT ALL DEFAULTS FOR INSTALL

3. Install WinPE Builder 1.0.1a (FREEWARE MADE BY NATDOG1984) Download Link

4. NOW GO TO YOUR STARTMENU, UNDER MICROSOFT WINDOWS AIK, USE THE WINPE BUILDER ICONS...

THATS IT...

TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN WINPE IMAGE

EDIT THE FILES ON THE X: DRIVE, NOTE: IF THE X: DRIVE IS NOT AVAILABLE RUN WINPEBLDR.EXE AGAIN OR USE C:\WINPE BUILDER\X

STARTNET.CMD is already there, and will have the default settings.

Once you have made any and all edits you desire, simply go to the startmenu and Build the Custom Image.

SECRET INFO : PUT ANY DRIVER INF FILES INTO A FOLDER CALLED DRIVERS ON THE ROOT OF THE X DRIVE BEFORE YOU BUILD YOUR CUSTOM WINPE IMAGE, WINPE BUILDER WILL AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL THEM INTO THE WIM.

POST Questions here and I will try to respond quickly...

Features:

Fully Automated Building of WinPE 2.0

Transfer WINPE 2.0 to USB

Makes WINPE 2.0 CDROM IMAGES

INTEGRATES DRIVERS AUTOMATICALLY

WMI, SCRIPTING, HTA, AND MORE BUILT IN

PRODUCES MICROSOFT COMPLIANT WINPE IMAGES

FOR ADVANCED USERS TRY THE WINPE BUILDER PROMPT, TYPE WINPEBLDR /? for INFO...

Edited by natdog1984

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

To Killerb255: I will experiment with having it create the actual files instead of packing them in a WIM, Sorry for the long delay (Wife had our new son, and it has been difficult finding free time!)

To Jmueske: I tested the link and it does seem to work... However if you cannot get the file to work from the download we can try through an email...

hey, I used the WINPEBLDR.exe, but I gives me an error, and creates a X partition. Is there any way to get rid of it? Windows does not recognize the partition, the partition is based on a folder called WINPE BUILDER

You can manually remove the drive by opening a command prompt and typing subst X: /d

Also the drive should automatically remove itself upon reboot, as by default the virtual drive is not persistent.

If I may ask, ThLump... What was the error? What OS?

If it is Vista Make sure you give the file admin rights when you run it!

natdog, I'm running Windows XP MCE 2005, which is Windows XP Pro with Media Center except you can't join domains...

And the error is that although it creates 5 files, it then says file not found, then when the program closes it deletes those 5 files created. I have the Windows AIK Installed but it makes WinPE 2.1 not 2.0

post-227656-1232593685_thumb.png

Edited by Thlump

I have found and fixed the issue with the previous release of the file...

If you downloaded your copy before 1/23/2009 @ 12:00AM CST then you should re-download from the updated link above...

I have added an installation wizard so it ensures the files are in the right location...

Thanks for having patience,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do have problems after using the latest install, Check these things ...

1. Verify the program you are running is WINPEBLDR.EXE, as it appears that you are running something that has been edited.

2. Verify that after the file unzips and runs, you run the program from the icon in your startmenu, it is found in the WAIK programs folder...

3. If you have Symantec or some other hueristic scanning softwares, scan the zip file or exe for virus (to protect yourself) then disable the hueristic or realtime scanning feature as it may prevent installation.

4. Make sure the WAIK is installed into the Program Files\Windows AIK folder... (this is where WINPEBLDR looks for it)

Let me know if this solves the issue...

Edited by natdog1984

unfortunately the installer does not create winpebldr.exe (run in Vista as Administrator). Although it creates C:\WINPE BUILDER and some subfolders the app itself is missing.

I redownloaded the installer several times, but without effect.

• 3 weeks later...

B2e.dll is a commonly used file for certain installations and also is made when executing a program created with Batch To EXE converter program. Likely it is being flagged by your AVG because some malware or viruses have been made using the same methods and thus a false positive. I do not know if the OP will return to address your question however.

Due to the nature of the file copying processes that run, some antivirus software can detect WinPE Builder as malicious code.

Also, the program was created using a process that involves Batch to Exe, however b2e.dll was not included in the installer file.

Scan the downloaded installer file for viruses before you execute it, and then disable antivirus protection if you have issues.

Once you have completed your task with WinPE Builder, I recommend re-enabling your antivirus software.

NOTE: PLEASE SCAN ANY FILES YOU DOWNLOAD FIRST, NEVER TRUST THE INTEGRITY OF FILES COMING FROM THE NET UNTIL SCANNED!

Edited by natdog1984