Windows Updates

tommyp

BTW, all my WMP11 hotfix is located in HFSVCPACK_SW1. (As long as it takes /quiet /norestart switch, I put it there)
You do now that the HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder is for unsupported Type-1 updates, right?
Edit==>: I did another test, with windowsmedia11-kb929399-v2-x86-intl.exe in HF folder. Also works. (file version is 11.0.5721.5201 ). Hence either HF or HFSVCPACK_SW1 also works.

All WMP11 updates on the update-list is listed to go in HF, so no surprice there ;)

PS: Please don't take this as me being a smartass, or something, because i assure you that this isn't my intention!

I've got v5145 of msscp.dll, but still WU/MU doesn't ask for kb929399, neither via automatic updates, nor via mu page.

weird.

I guess this patch is not critical.

Or, maybe it's a locale problem, my windows is in spanish.

Oh, and BTW I see IE8 kb968220 hasn't been replaced with the newer kb969497 yet. It replaces it.

Edited by jvidal

I've just sent an update to FDV for the IE compatibailty update. The 929399 update has always been listed as a bugfix, which is neither critical nor optional. SOME systems require it, some don't. It's up to the user of the HF lists to decide what they want to slipstream. WMP is a buggy software to begin with, I don't see the point of using it when there are far better programs out there. Anyway, let's not get too wrapped around the axle with a bugfix, the intent of the HF lists (and this thread) is for critical updates that I have missed.

Sorry Martin. I had updated the 2k list a few weeks back to reflect your requests but didn't want to release them until I went through patch Tuesday's offerings. Patch Tuesday ended up being a dud & I forgot about giving the lists to FDV for posting. I just emailed FDV a few minutes ago with the lists.

You do now that the HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder is for unsupported Type-1 updates, right?

Yes, but forgot about it. I'll put all WMP11 hotfix in HF folder. Thanks

All WMP11 updates on the update-list is listed to go in HF, so no surprice there ;)

PS: Please don't take this as me being a smartass, or something, because i assure you that this isn't my intention!

The reason I put my result finding using HF folder is to show there is no different in the outcome.( i.e file version is still 11.0.5721.5201 ). (after all, everyone expect to use HF folder for WMP11 hotfix)

And don't worry about me mistook you as being a smartass. U mean well.

Cheers :)

Edited by Geej

I can't download SWFLASH.CAB from Rapidshare in 1st post link of Xp list. Can add mirror such as mediafire? Thanks in advance. :)

If you download, and install Flash10 from Adobe,

all you need to do, is look for these files:

"WINDOWS"\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx

"WINDOWS"\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10b.exe

"WINDOWS"\Downloaded Program Files\swflash.inf

Then package them up with with any one of the utils that create cabinet files, like makecab.exe

NOTE: If you have version 9, then its "9b" instead of "10b", respectively.

Addenum, Thanks for the HotFix lists Tommy - I've checked a number of the other tools and lists and they include a whole bunch of shait and/or are just difficult to peruse.

Edited by Crash&Burn

If you download, and install Flash10 from Adobe,

all you need to do, is look for these files:

"WINDOWS"\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx

"WINDOWS"\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10b.exe

"WINDOWS"\Downloaded Program Files\swflash.inf

Then package them up with with any one of the utils that create cabinet files, like makecab.exe

NOTE: If you have version 9, then its "9b" instead of "10b", respectively.

Thanks, decided to look around and found dl available from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6167

new updates for Windows XP for June 09:

KB969897 Cumulative Security Update for IE (new for IE8, replaces KB963027 for IE6/7) - critical

KB969898 Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits (believe replaces KB960715) - critical

KB961501 Windows Print Spooler (new) - critical

KB968537 Windows Kernel (replaces KB958690) - important

KB970238 Windows RPC (new) - important

Note:

I mention KB969898 should replace KB960715, but not positive. Killbit updates don't have an associated security bulletin so have to test to confirm.

There were also updates this month for Windows Search (KB963093), IIS (KB970483), Office (KB969514, KB969462, KB957632), and Active Directory (KB971055) for those who have those installed.