Windows Updates

tommyp

Does anyone know the direct link for the new WMP11 installer? I'm on Linux at the moment so can't validate and download to get the link :}
is this the one you're looking for? ;)
I think that's the link to the old installer. The one I'm looking for is whatever the download link is from validating through this page http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=1d224714-e238-4e45-8668-5166114010ca
my apologies if that wasn't the correct link ... although it says on the page 6/22/2010. cheers!

Does anyone know the direct link for the new WMP11 installer? I'm on Linux at the moment so can't validate and download to get the link :}
is this the one you're looking for? ;)
I think that's the link to the old installer. The one I'm looking for is whatever the download link is from validating through this page http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=1d224714-e238-4e45-8668-5166114010ca
my apologies if that wasn't the correct link ... although it says on the page 6/22/2010. cheers!

Actually that probably is the right link! I've just managed to extract the installer and it's got files from Jan 2009 inside, so Microsoft must be using the same url as the previous installer. Cheers Kiki :)

@bristols

Tried to PM you, but no tickee, no washee...

The member cannot receive any new messages

Besides the message above, I would've included:

This is a repeat of the message I posted to the thread. I assume I'm handling the protocol for informing you appropriately. Let me know if not.

Oh, and thanks for your work! Very much appreciated.

Hey jinjou,

@bristols

Tried to PM you, but no tickee, no washee...

Ah, sorry about that. Exceeded my message quota, apparently...

You're quite right about the mistake there on the Hotfixes page. Thanks for the tip-off. I'll amend it and send it along to FDV.

This is a repeat of the message I posted to the thread. I assume I'm handling the protocol for informing you appropriately. Let me know if not.

I will see PMs, whereas there is a (small) chance that I will miss a note left here in the forums. But just as long as I see your message, it really doesn't matter how.

Oh, and thanks for your work! Very much appreciated.

No, thank you for contributing! :)

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't. KB967715 adds the following reg entry. If you delete it from the registry, KB967715 reappears on WU.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer]
"HonorAutoRunSetting"=dword:00000001

• 2 weeks later...

Without support I still keep using HFSLIP to maintain an updated XP SP3 install source. Integrating August security updates went smoothly, except for cumulative Internet Explorer 8 security update KB2183461. After investigation I see iedkcs32.dll is not getting updated by the hotfix, although previously this was not an issue. Integrating KB982381 updates the file version to 18.0.6001.23014, while integrating KB2183461 file version stays 18.0.6001.22918, in stead of expected 18.0.6001.23037.

Can anyone confirm this issue?

iedkcs32.dll version 18.0.6001.22918 is part of superseded hotfix KB941158. I think there is an error when checking file versions in HFSLIP.cmd. For now I have removed KB941158 from my install source (normally I remove any superseded hotfixes first).

Can anyone confirm this issue?

Acheron:

No, HFSLIP is updating iedkcs32.dll to 18.0.6001.23037.

-----

Anyone:

Does KB973686 even have a catalog file? setuperr.log states that msxml6.dll and msxml6r.dll are not signed properly.

What's wrong with HFSLIP's handling of kb942288-v3?

KB942288-v3.cat isn't being added to SVCPACK and SVCPACK.INF so setuperr.log states that msiexec.exe, msimsg.dll and msisip.dll are not signed properly.

Edited by anusoflu

KB973686 does not include a catalog file, but does add a signature to both dll files. To keep WFP happy you can use KB973687 instead.

KB942288 is problematic. You can edit SFCFiles.dll to exclude these Windows Installer files or disable WFP completely.

Edited by Acheron