Windows Updates

tommyp

what's the status of Windows Installer 4.5 integrating support?

It looks like installer if for xp and greater (I don't use xp). So I would need help with it. One of these days when I get some free time, I'll start a new thread with some betas for people to check out. I refuse to change my OS to do testing.

Edited by tommyp

Hi, the new hotfix 967715 is listed by MU for Windows 2000 (even xp or 2003, but I've only checked my 2k VM). It contain an update version of shell32.dll, so I think that replace the hotfix 921398 (not linsted when 967715 is previously installed).

And many thank for keeping updated this list!

Further information:

KB967715 is the same update as KB953252. It's just that KB953252 was never offered on Automatic Updates, but now KB967715 is.

If systems already have the update offered in Knowledge Base Article 953252 installed does this update need to be installed as well?

No. Systems that have installed the update offered in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 953252 will not need the update offered in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 967715. Systems with the update offered in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 953252 installed already have the version of the update that correctly respects the registry keys values to disable Autorun. The update that is offered in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 967715 contains the same update, but was deployed via automatic updating.

Source: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...ory/967940.mspx

• 4 weeks later...
There are 2 new updates on my WU (kb959772 and kb961118). Are they safe to add them at HF Folder?

Sounds like you are a wmp11 type of guy. How unfortunate. lol. There's FAR better media players than wmp11. Assuming your using the latest beta, you can use HF for the 959772 update. I'll have to add this to the WU listings. The 961118 is a .net related issue not a windows update. I don't plan on integrating a .net update into hfslip. Sorry about that.

Sounds like you are a wmp11 type of guy. How unfortunate. lol. There's FAR better media players than wmp11. Assuming your using the latest beta, you can use HF for the 959772 update. I'll have to add this to the WU listings. The 961118 is a .net related issue not a windows update. I don't plan on integrating a .net update into hfslip. Sorry about that.

lol. I am a "microsoft up to date" type of guy. Even I don't use wmp11, I like every update to be installed.

As far for 961118 it is strange because it is stated as Windows XP critical update and it cannot be slipstreamed with Silent NET Maker and I thought it could be slipstreamed to XP source. Thank you for the explanation.

Just a quick note I figured out after a little bit of digging. On your Windows 2000 list, you say that in March 2009, 951748 is to be deleted. Yes, this is true, but ONLY on Server. On Professional it is still a valid update with no successor.

Well, I thought that myself, but looked at it more closely. The reason it was updated for Server only was an unrelated set of updates fixing DNS and WINS Server vulnerabilities (that you have listed) which apparently updated all the files included in 951748, making it obsolete. But since those updates were only for DNS server and WINS server, you naturally wouldn't want to apply that to Professional.

• 2 weeks later...