Massive confusion about Aplication Integration

XFreeRollerX

Okay well I read the FAQ then searched the forum for my question before posting.... I want to add in Firefox, MS Office 2007, games, and other apps to possibly cut down reformat time.... I already have my Vista x64 SP1 disk and I am currently making an ISO out of it on my computer...

So! Can applications be slipstreamed or added to a post-install / post-setup process to install them automatically ?

FAQ says no, members who posted the same question recently got answers saying yes, no, and its very hard.....

I am downloading the WAIK thing right now, big file..

And I have most of the installers I wish to stream in... however some of the advice I found is out of date...

forgive me if those "old" answers are the right ones but I cant help but think there is some easy way to do it with this new version..

EDIT: Also I am trying to add in some hotfixes and updates, I downloaded the EXE's from MS website however vlite wants CAB or MSU files??

Edited by XFreeRollerX

i think you cant integrate apllications with vlite yet. there are other iso builders which can, they should be working even with the vlited iso.

you can extract the cab/msu files from the exe with i.e. winrar or 7zip. or you search for an update-pack for vlite.

i think you cant integrate apllications with vlite yet. there are other iso builders which can, they should be working even with the vlited iso.

you can extract the cab/msu files from the exe with i.e. winrar or 7zip. or you search for an update-pack for vlite.

Mind mentioning which ISO builders can work from a vlite'd ISO to integrate apps?

I solved the windows update hotfix problem

Edited by XFreeRollerX

I'm in the same boat here. I wish there was more a collective effort to make a definitive unattended vista guide and go deep into this topic's inquiry - as I understand it, RunOnceEx can work if you you play a few .dll tricks beforehand?