Newbie Question about WM11 Integrator

P_Anon

I'm learning about slipstreaming my XP Pro SP1 to include SP3. Used nLite to slipstream SP3 only and another session for SP3 & IE7 together (no other tweaks - keeping it real simple for my simple mind). Can I just run the WM11 Integrator using my SP3 & IE7 disk files copied to a folder? Or do I need to start with the SP3 only disk files and then run WM11 Integrator to then be followed by nLite to include IE7 later? Or, worst yet, start with my original SP1 files for use by WM11 Integrator, adding SP3 and IE7 later using nLite? I know that slipstreaming SP3, IE7 and WM11 can be done using nLite, but I'm unclear as to any problems with the sequence of adding IE7 and WM11 together in one session.

Thanks!

I used the WM11 Integrator once. The size of xp folder ballooned to the point I couldn't burn it to a CD anymore. This is what I do:

I start with XP gold (aka SP0)

WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe /integrate:path to xpgold

This brings me to SP3. I then change the setupp.ini to 76497OEM so I can bypass entering the key during install. I prefer to wait until the install is complete.

I then use nlite to install the latest drivers for my NIC, the latest sata drivers from intel (so I have them in the future), and IE 7.

I then use img-burn to make an iso (nlite making the iso doesn't work for me).

Edited by greg45

http://www.boooggy.org/slipstreamer/

The reason why this (jcarles) integrator is doing this is because it fails to re-compress the files. Thus leaving you with 70+ megs of wasted space.

Follow the link I provided and you will find a better, STILL supported and able to integrate all hotfixes integrator.

@P Anon = The integrator I provided a link to works with nLite!

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian