Newbie Question about slipstreaming XPSP3, IE7 and WM11

P_Anon

I'm learning about slipstreaming my XP Pro SP1 to include XP3. Used nLite to slipstream SP3 only and another session for SP3 & IE7 together (no other tweaks - keeping it real simple for my simple mind). Can I just run a Windows Media 11 slipstreamer program using my XP3 & IE7 disk files? I know that slipstreaming SP3, IE7 and WM11 can be done using nLite, but I'm unclear as to any problems with the sequence of adding IE7 and WM11 together in one session. If I use nLite for all 3, do I need to worry about which to list first in the integrate dialog - IE7 or WM11?

Thanks!

Edited by P_Anon

P_Anon,

I would suggest you do all in one nLite session. You should not run nLite multiple times against the same source. I don't think the order matters, just be sure to add any hot fixes after the IE7 and WMP11 are integrated.

Enjoy, John.

I'm learning about slipstreaming my XP Pro SP1 to include XP3. Used nLite to slipstream SP3 only and another session for SP3 & IE7 together (no other tweaks - keeping it real simple for my simple mind). Can I just run a Windows Media 11 slipstreamer program using my XP3 & IE7 disk files? I know that slipstreaming SP3, IE7 and WM11 can be done using nLite, but I'm unclear as to any problems with the sequence of adding IE7 and WM11 together in one session. If I use nLite for all 3, do I need to worry about which to list first in the integrate dialog - IE7 or WM11?

Thanks!

I've just done this myself, you'll need a little program called WMP11 Slipstreamer, just install that prog and nlite will do the rest. Hope this helps. :thumbup