Please correct me here on unattended Vista

I have a lot laptops issued to our sales force. I have created an iso for Vista. Now comes the question when doing the unattended install using vLite, should I create multiple copies of the unattended ISO file for each laptop or one would suffice?

My problem is we have different product keys for Vista for each laptop so I was thinking if I create only a single unattended ISO file, wouldn't that break some EULA?

you can edit your vista installer.

delete file PID.txt on folder SOURCE. also delete PID.txt on Boot.wim

then edit Setup.cfg

yur vista installer will request for serial number when first install.

So this defeast the purpose of unattended installs then. I was in thinking that I could just pop in the DVD, boot from it, and go to lunch expecting Vista installed without ever asking a question.

Are they all from the same OEM? Even if they're not, you could just create difference ISO's for each OEM and use the OEM key from each Manufacturer.

They're all from the same OEM. So what you're saying is I can use a single product key for all of them?

Are they all from the same OEM? Even if they're not, you could just create difference ISO's for each OEM and use the OEM key from each Manufacturer.

They're all from the same OEM. So what you're saying is I can use a single product key for all of them?

I haven't used Vista extensively, but that's what I do for XP. I have several OEM unattended CD's that I use for when I need to reformat an OEM PC. I use the customized Dell OEM disc on Dell PC's which I've never changed the key, and so on...

Edited by TheReasonIFail

• 3 weeks later...