Active Directory

army20

Hello All,

I would like to know if one of you know why I get this error when trying to add a second domain controler for my domain.

The operation failed because:

The Active Directory Installation Wizard cannot continue because the forest is not prepared for installing Windows Server 2003. Use the Adprep command-line tool to prepare both the forest and the domain. For more information about using the Adprep, see Active Directory Help.

"The version of the Active Directory schema of the source forest is not compatible with the version of Active Directory on this computer."

If by the way you know how to fix that, I would appreciate to know how you did.

My principal domaine controler is : Windows Server 2003 Ent. French X86

My second domain controler is : Windows Server 2003 Ent. English X64

Thank you

-Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Army20,

Your problem is just that. The 2 types of versions do not play together unless you make the schema compatible with that version. In other words if you have a 32bit AD schema and you try adding a 64bit DC, the only way to make this work is if you make the schema compatible with that version, the 64bit one. It also works in reverse as well. If you have a 64bit AD schema and you want to add a 32bit DC to your forest you have to make the schema for that AD 32bit compatible.

http://www.petri.co.il/forums/archive/index.php/t-20097.html

The link above will help you out.

Jesus