Flash Player

Glenn9999

I just got done reloading a Windows ME OS and tried to install flash but it refuses to install claiming the OS is unsupported. Anyone know a good work-around or place to get an older, but good version of it?

flash01.jpg

And trying to directly download it from the site: "Sorry, you must use Microsoft Internet Explorer to install Adobe Flash Player with ActiveX."

Edited by Glenn9999

I found the older version that would work. Be aware that version 10 is what is doing this message - you will need to install from an archival copy of Flash 9 and not the web at Adobe if you need to reinstall Flash.

Edited by Glenn9999

:whistle: Add the Older FlashPlayer9.0.115/9.0.124 for IE ,Opera and Firefox Plugins first!!! (before installing FlashPlayer 9.0.151) *as these will help keep 9.0.151 more stable and the foundation is being build on for some unknown reasons??? :blink: In this way Flash works better in all Internet Browsers :thumbup i think its an Adobe error again oh well :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Yup! Flash 10 won't work even with Kernel installed. Tihiy however has a work-around regarding this and it involves doing some tweaks in the registry. I tried doing it while using Firefox 3 but Firefox would crash on me. The same thing happens with Sea Monkey (oh, I forgot, they are practically running on the same base program! hehe) I told him about it but he too found it odd since it worked with him. I just don't know if he has other patches installed in his rig that I don't that's why Flash 10 works with him and not with me.

I tried using Opera 6 and Flash 10 worked unfortunately, Opera 6 eats up a big chunk of my system resources that's why I stopped using it in win98. Shockwave 11 works though, but it will require some minor tweaks as well.

Edited by jglori

• 2 weeks later...

I've got Flash Player 9.0.151 installed on 98SE. It "works" under both IE6, Opera 9.62 and FF2. However, it fails when some large flash applications (flash games like Caravaneer, Mech Quest) run for a while. When it failed, the flash applications will show large font size. When it failed under Opera 9.62, even the IE6 and Explorer are also affected by missing icons. I found that the Windows itself is out of GDI resources. It didn't free even by closing the FF2 tab running the flash application. They are all free after closing the FF2.

I found on the web that Flash Player is having memory leak, am I alone on this? Did anyone having such experience or tried such applications without problem?

Edited by oc_dt

• 2 weeks later...

Very frustrated..

i installed the newest version flash player on firefox3.05.but i can't open the webside that has flashes at all!

the firefox will quit and said that had a crash..

if i uninstall the flash player,anything is fine

has anyone met this?

I've got Flash Player 9.0.151 installed on 98SE. It "works" under both IE6, Opera 9.62 and FF2. However, it fails when some large flash applications (flash games like Caravaneer, Mech Quest) run for a while. When it failed, the flash applications will show large font size. When it failed under Opera 9.62, even the IE6 and Explorer are also affected by missing icons. I found that the Windows itself is out of GDI resources. It didn't free even by closing the FF2 tab running the flash application. They are all free after closing the FF2.

I found on the web that Flash Player is having memory leak, am I alone on this? Did anyone having such experience or tried such applications without problem?

I'm experiencing the same symptoms, but I was unable to link them to the Flash Player, so far. Still, the problem has something to do with opening web pages with java script and flash. Leaving such a page oppened for long time period makes the icons dissappear. I'm using Opera 9.21 and the Flash Player version is 9,0,115,0.

Does any of you have UberSkin installed, particularly a version beyond 8.3.6? I've had such GDI crashes myself, in other non-web applications besides the browser, right after installing/updating 8.3.10 and later. Downgrading to 8.3.6 fixed the issue.

However, I keep Flash disabled with TurnFlash, so I can't say it's a Flash issue.

I've been observing the same issue with Adobe Acrobat Reader. It could be related to graphics driver, as well. In my case, the Nvidia graphics was present on both affected computers.

Also, the problem does not seem to happen with Nvidia driver 61.76. I have to confirm this observation, still.

And I do not have the UberSkin installed.

Edited by Sfor

I'm experiencing the same symptoms, but I was unable to link them to the Flash Player, so far. Still, the problem has something to do with opening web pages with java script and flash. Leaving such a page oppened for long time period makes the icons dissappear. I'm using Opera 9.21 and the Flash Player version is 9,0,115,0.

I thought that we are the minority for reporting such GDI resource problem due to the fact that we are using Windows 98. That's probably due to the limited GDI resource for 98, which was improved for XP onwards... So far, there was no improvement update for the Flash application. Pity us...