Problem integrating sata drivers

SparkS666

I've added SiS raid drivers to a Windows XP installation but when I try to install it, the installation cannot find the harddisk. I've an external floppy drive and with it the installation can find the driver on floppy and after that detects the harddisk, but I've having a problem that after formating the harddisk, it asks to insert the floppy disk in drive A: which was already inserted (it doesn't read the floppy). So I've added the floppy disk drivers to the windows xp cd without success with nline.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

SparkS666, please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini. Make sure you are not nLiteing the same source more than once. Where did you get your RAID drivers? Did you integrate the text mode versions? Are your HDDs Sata? Did you integrate the Sata text mode drivers?

Enjoy, John.

i've had that very same problem w/o using nlite and am curious what the solution is. I press F6 and it loads the drivers, finds the HDD and formats, then can't find the driver files just after the format. I get around it by using driverpacks, but don't understand why this happens using F6. In my case it is silicon image raid drivers, but the results are the same.

Edited by aspenjim

I press F6 and it loads the drivers, finds the HDD and formats, then can't find the driver files just after the format.

Txtsetup.sif dosn't support high capacity USB floppy drives.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916196/

http://www.msfn.org/board/F6-Driver-USB-Floppy-t82711.html

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=681916

Does nLite add high capacity USB floppy drives HardwareID to txtsetup.sif?

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
USB\Class_08&SubClass_04&Prot_00 = "usbstor"

i've had that very same problem w/o using nlite and am curious what the solution is. I press F6 and it loads the drivers, finds the HDD and formats, then can't find the driver files just after the format. I get around it by using driverpacks, but don't understand why this happens using F6. In my case it is silicon image raid drivers, but the results are the same.
You can't succeed with the F6/floppy method, if you are booting off a Windows OS CD, which has been prepared for an unattended installation.

Look into the i386 directory of your OS CD. If you find a file named WINNT.SIF, you will not be able to get the OS installed by loading the textmode drivers via F6.

Reason:

Windows Setup looks for the WINNT.SIF file. If the file is present, it expects, that the needed SATA/RAID drivers have been integrated into the OS CD as textmode driver. This is irritating, because the Setup accepted the F6 drivers first of all, but afterwards it "forgets" them.

Solution:

You have either to boot off a clean (original) Windows OS CD (if you want to use the F6 option) or to create a new nLited OS CD with integrated textmode drivers. In the latter case you shouldn't hit F6 at all.

Edited by Fernando 1

SparkS666, please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini. Make sure you are not nLiteing the same source more than once. Where did you get your RAID drivers? Did you integrate the text mode versions? Are your HDDs Sata? Did you integrate the Sata text mode drivers?

Enjoy, John.

Attached. I've done several ways, the last one was only winxp (without service packs) then added sp3 and finally the SiS raid drivers. I haven't seen option to integrate in text mode with SiS drivers, only Intel. The hd is sata, it's a wd 120gb.

Thanks

You can't succeed with the F6/floppy method, if you are booting off a Windows OS CD, which has been prepared for an unattended installation.

Look into the i386 directory of your OS CD. If you find a file named WINNT.SIF, you will not be able to get the OS installed by loading the textmode drivers via F6.

Reason:

Windows Setup looks for the WINNT.SIF file. If the file is present, it expects, that the needed SATA/RAID drivers have been integrated into the OS CD as textmode driver. This is irritating, because the Setup accepted the F6 drivers first of all, but afterwards it "forgets" them.

Solution:

You have either to boot off a clean (original) Windows OS CD (if you want to use the F6 option) or to create a new nLited OS CD with integrated textmode drivers. In the latter case you shouldn't hit F6 at all.

I had this problem too when I was using a unattended installation. So I was installing using the "original" version, then it goes with success. Only in this laptop I'm having this huge problem. About the floppy error, maybe it's because what cdob said. I only don't understand why I can load a driver from floppy but cannot from an integrated driver.

Edited by SparkS666

SparkS666,

Sorry, I don't see your LastSession.ini. Did you attach it? I suspect you have not integrated your SiS drivers as text mode drivers. NLite should say they are text mode. Where did you get the drivers? I got my RAID/Sata drivers from the nVidia folder for the floppy (F6). There should be a txtsetup.oem file in the text mode driver folder.

Enjoy, John.

Adding again.

Or

[Main]
Env = 1.4.8 - 2.0.50727.832.Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Target = Windows XP Professional SP3 - 5.1.2600.5512 - Português (Brasil)

[Tasks]
Integrate Drivers
Create a Bootable ISO

[Components]
;# Compatibility #

[KeepFiles]
msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]
clock.avi
yahoo.bmp
swtchbrd.bmp

[Options]
ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"
TargetPath = "WINDOWS"
temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Configurações locais\Temp

[Patches]

[Services2]

[Tweaks]

[Unattended]
ComputerType = Automatic
MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 12
RestorePointLife = 30
DesktopTheme = Default||
AutoUDay = 5
AutoUHour = 15
ProgFilesPath = "\Arquivos de programas"

[NetAdapter1]
connname = ""
macaddress = ""
ipaddress = "192.168.0.1"
subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"
defaultgateway = ""
dnsserver1 = ""
dnsserver2 = ""
winsserver = ""
netbiossetting = "0"
ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"
ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[GuiRunOnce]

[Drivers]
A:\RAID\Winxp_2k\sisraid4.inf,0

[Hotfixes]

I've got raid411a.zip from www.sis.com

There is a txtsetup.oem inside the file.

Last_Session__2008.11.10_20.19.27_.ini