What e-mail service do you guys recommend?

adrian2055

I've used hotmail since 2000 and everything was ok up until recently when they made some changes that I hate. It basically looks like outlook express and windows mail now which I absolutely hate plus I get a ton of vulgar junk mail now. The filter that they have does nothing no matter what setting you use. I want to shut my address down and move to another one. What free e-mail service do you guys like\recommend?

Edited by adrian2055

gmail is the only one ill recommend these days but thats only because it has pop access.

yahoo and hotmail both annoy the crap out of me though.

word of warning though: gmails junk mail filter is just as bad. ive marked junk as junk since the invite-only beta and still get more crap from my non published gmail as i do to my work email.

word of warning though: gmails junk mail filter is just as bad. ive marked junk as junk since the invite-only beta and still get more crap from my non published gmail as i do to my work email.

Really? At least my spam actually gets marked as spam properly. Don't really care if I get it or not.

Anyways, I second Gmail as a great e-mail provider. Also supports IMAP which works great on my iPhone. :thumbup Filters and labels are AWESOME, as well as all the other tricks you can do with your e-mail. :)

Gmail.

Its what the new hotmail, yahoo ect emails are all based off of now a days anyway. (feature wise)

But i love my gmail. Its fast and lightweight. In my experience yahoo and hotmail are bloated with ads and a pretty UI. gmail is about your email and what you want to do with it. It lets you get to it and go without any distractions.

I've always stuck with using Juno for email services. Coupled with using an external mail manager such as Mozilla Firebird or any other client of your liking.. and it's pretty good. Been using the same service for nearly 12 years without any complaints whatsoever.

I've always stuck with using Juno for email services. Coupled with using an external mail manager such as Mozilla Firebird or any other client of your liking.. and it's pretty good. Been using the same service for nearly 12 years without any complaints whatsoever.

Is Juno still around?