SOLVED: Vista: It only starts up in safe mode (Home Premium)

BPoller

Hi there,

i have a laptop of a friend here, who had a crash in vista with "something of MS Office 2007" involved.

Since that crash, the laptop only starts in safe mode (while booting normally without F8). Even when i choose Normal Mode in the F8-Menu, it boots into safe mode without warning.

There are no older system backups to restore from. There are no Save/Safe-Points to restore from.

I wanted to install MS Office 2007 Updates and Vista Updates, maybe some damaged file would be exchanged so, but both update-packs dont work in safe mode.

Then i tried to start Repair Mode from F8-Menu to fix Vista, but when asked for the ADMINISTRATOR password, it says, that this user is disabled.

When back in Vista, i only found an Admin-User-Account with the name mf207 (the users name) and guest. When i try to create a new Admin-Account ADMINISTRATOR, the system tells me, that this user is already there.

Last try i am doing now is to let CHKDSK /f /r scan the harddisk. I dont realy think this will help.

I also had deinstalled the vga and audio drivers, so they would reinstall after reboot, before.

Anyone has a tip, hoe to come back in NORMAL MODE?

Thanks,

Bjoern

EDIT:

I could make the system boot normal, by changing MSCONFIG Startup value to Normal Boot.

The system by its own or by user-interaction had set the boot up to safe/user defined boot.

Hope this will help others...

Edited by BPoller