Multiple-drive-letter-problem

Multibooter

Yes, Windows Update still works for Win98SE, though the last offered updates are ancient.

If you're that worried about WU being ''spyware'' then you probably shouldn't use it. I'm sure they keep track of downloaded updates and will know you're still using Win98, and send men in black to hunt you down.

Queue

It seems to exist only in ZDNET file library nowadays...

Hi dencorso,

I tried to download the Texas Instruments PCI-1225 CardBus Controller 5.0.2183.1 from ZDNET http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=458239 but ZDNET only passes the download request to Microsoft with MS Windows Update, and then I get the request "Install and run Windows Update signed on 8/26/03".

I have my reservations about installing MS Windows Update - does it still work for Windows 98SE? Will I just install spyware, and then get a msg like: "Sorry, Win98 is not supported anymore"?

It seems that MS Windows Update is nowadays refusing to install on Win 9x/ME, anyway. I did try from my Win XP alternative boot and got to the Windows Update site, but it offered no download of the file you want.

BTW, while this is definitely not the file you're asking for, it may be worth a try, after the usual preventive back-up:

Texas Instruments PCI 1225 CardBus Controller. HTH.

Also BTW, I just found this KB article which might be of value for future reference: Q201018 INFO: Explanation of CardBus Registry Entries In PCMCIA.INF

Edited by dencorso